Why did Microsoft go first again?

#1shoji_joPosted 8/12/2014 8:55:24 AM
Going first at game shows let's you boast about what you have, sure I get that, but exclusives would be exclusives regardless of when you have the presentation.

After seeing Microsoft's presentation, Sony could really kill off the rivalry on this gen by doing two things (which are unlikely still).
1 launch a SKU that has a 2TB HDD
2 launch said SKU cheaper than the Xbox One or the same price.

Now this would only work if the Playstation 4 has made big profit so far. They wouldn't be a loss leader, they would simply be cutting their profits short term until they started selling off all the new SKUs, which would happen fairly swiftly.

Going 2nd at Gamescon is such a huge advantage, I don't know why Microsoft went 1st again.
#2InterzoneMantraPosted 8/12/2014 8:56:55 AM
They don't make these things up on the spot. These presentations are planned ahead of time. It's not like they're gonna look at ms and change up their format last minute.
#3teh1337gosuPosted 8/12/2014 8:57:06 AM
That made no sense
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#4That_Damn_KidPosted 8/12/2014 8:57:59 AM
teh1337gosu posted...
That made no sense

---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#5DonVito1990Posted 8/12/2014 9:00:26 AM(edited)
InterzoneMantra posted...
They don't make these things up on the spot. These presentations are planned ahead of time. It's not like they're gonna look at ms and change up their format last minute.

Apparently Sony did just that when Microsoft took all the backlash for the DRM/Internet checks and caused Sony to backpedal in secret.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#6ToucheAmorePosted 8/12/2014 9:00:08 AM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
teh1337gosu posted...
That made no sense

---
Money ain't a thang but a hip-reach!
http://i.imgur.com/jnKrzaL.gif
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/12/2014 9:01:52 AM
DonVito1990 posted...

Apparently Sony did just that when Microsoft took all the backlash for the DRM/Internet checks and caused Sony to backpedal in secret.

people still believe this? go join charlie sheen and the other loony conspiracy theory whackos
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#8InterzoneMantraPosted 8/12/2014 9:04:56 AM(edited)
DonVito1990 posted...

PPl still believe this? There was an article in feb of 2013 were sony stated that there won't be any drm about 2 months before ms even announced the x1.

edit: here's the article

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games
#9DonVito1990Posted 8/12/2014 9:04:17 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
DonVito1990 posted...

people still believe this? go join charlie sheen and the other loony conspiracy theory whackos

Much salt. Go ahead and continue believing Sony is your friend!
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/12/2014 9:05:25 AM
DonVito1990 posted...
Much salt. Go ahead and continue believing Sony is your friend!

I'm not on any side i just attack stupid people
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."