Did Microsoft adding one extra exclusive change how you feel about owning XBOX 1

#11PominAusPosted 8/13/2014 2:15:07 AM
Laylow12 posted...\
AwayFromHere posted...\
Their wording is deliberately confusing.

Meaning it's timed.

It is exclusive or it isn't? Make up your mind fella.
#12SoulTrapperPosted 8/13/2014 2:16:26 AM
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...\
AwayFromHere posted...\

Meaning it's timed.

That's what you should ask Microsoft, because they're being deliberately vague:

"It's exclusive Holiday 2015" is the official comment, which says nothing.
#13PominAusPosted 8/13/2014 2:26:13 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...\
AwayFromHere posted...\

Meaning it's timed.

Oh, no doubt. Given that Ryse and DR3 have gone to PC. My only point here is that Laylow prides himself on only posting "truths" and "facts". Apparently only when it suits his agenda it would seem.

EDIT: Official line is less ambiguous.

"As you may have seen, weve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. Id like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel were creating at the studio."

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

#14leelee3105Posted 8/13/2014 2:23:55 AM
you guys are putting the cart before the horse here. TR being exclusive isnt going to change the game in favor of MS, the game already changed. EA and CD are just the first 2 to jump on the bandwagon. why would anyone want to be a part of Sony when they already said this is there last console?
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#15SoulTrapperPosted 8/13/2014 2:39:08 AM
PominAus posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
PominAus posted...
Laylow12 posted...\
AwayFromHere posted...\

Meaning it's timed.

Oh, no doubt. Given that Ryse and DR3 have gone to PC. My only point here is that Laylow prides himself on only posting "truths" and "facts". Apparently only when it suits his agenda it would seem.

EDIT: Official line is less ambiguous.

"As you may have seen, weve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. Id like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel were creating at the studio."

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

Spencer's comment was slightly different and more ambiguous:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/12/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-an-xbox-exclusive-for-holiday-2015/

Were saying what we said on stage, said Spencer. In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. Thats the comment.
#16TheGam3925Posted 8/13/2014 2:43:59 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Spencer's comment was slightly different and more ambiguous:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/12/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-an-xbox-exclusive-for-holiday-2015/

Were saying what we said on stage, said Spencer. In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. Thats the comment.

Translation:

Please do not wait for the PS4 port to be released, buy our console I'm begging you. PLEASE!!!
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#17TenzhiPosted 8/13/2014 2:47:59 AM
It's not an exclusive that makes a difference to me.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#18kyncaniPosted 8/13/2014 2:53:35 AM
TR doesn't change anything about the Xbox One.

The EA subscription may not be bad though, too soon to tell.
#19PominAusPosted 8/13/2014 2:53:49 AM
Hadn't seen Spencer's post, thanks for the link. Could go either way I guess. If it does go multiplat... What a waste of Xbox divisions' resources. I would much rather MS put that money into first party studios, either creating new IP or rebooting old stuff than buying up a third party title. Personally I'd love a Black and White reboot, great opportunity for decent Kinect implementation there too, since they have said that unbundling Kinect has not affected support for it. I won't hold my breath though.
#20SoulTrapperPosted 8/13/2014 3:02:32 AM
PominAus posted...
Hadn't seen Spencer's post, thanks for the link. Could go either way I guess. If it does go multiplat... What a waste of Xbox divisions' resources. I would much rather MS put that money into first party studios, either creating new IP or rebooting old stuff than buying up a third party title. Personally I'd love a Black and White reboot, great opportunity for decent Kinect implementation there too, since they have said that unbundling Kinect has not affected support for it. I won't hold my breath though.

That would be great, Black and White would be perfectly suited for the kinect and would actually give people an incentive to want to own one.