The biggest news today is DLNA is coming to Xbox One.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The biggest news today is DLNA is coming to Xbox One.
1 year ago#1
This is absolutely huge that I find weird people are not talking about. Plus USB media play support. I can't think of a format they are missing with this capability.
1 year ago#2
Hasn't been too big of a deal for me because I've never unplugged my 360 from my setup, but yeah it's about time. Should've been a feature day one. I found it strange that MS initially plugged the xbone as a multi-media machine, but then took out the windows media center :/
1 year ago#3
I think it just shows how good their show was. A lot to talk about and something like this even goes under the radar.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
1 year ago#4
Ellesarien posted...
I think it just shows how good their show was. A lot to talk about and something like this even goes under the radar.
1 year ago#5
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this always a feature I was always able to stream music and movies from my phone to my Xbox one. Isn't that dlna already implemented?
1 year ago#6
Ellesarien posted...

Yep, pretty wild.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
1 year ago#7
If it lets me play my own music without snapping then it's great news, if I have to snap to hear it then I don't care.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.
1 year ago#8
I'm not a music guy so it means nothing to me.
1 year ago#9
This is fantastic news and is actually really important to me. Home networking the 360 was my bread and butter as well for watching movies etc. Bravo Xbox !! It`s getting drowned under the amount of topics on Tomb Raider being all Xbox now.
1 year ago#10
Will it support mp4 and MKV? Or just AVI like the 360?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The biggest news today is DLNA is coming to Xbox One.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived