Wow, microsoft is steamrolling sony, destroyed them in e3 2014 AND gamescon.

#81duericPosted 8/12/2014 3:21:11 PM
regs8376 posted...
Apparently you didnt watch it. Both conferences were good imo. Good day to be a gamer.

An Xbox gamer for sure. Especially with the Titanfall news coming later. Exciting indeed.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#82HairyReidPosted 8/12/2014 3:21:26 PM
Steamrolling? Did MS announce XBone sales of 11 million or something?
#83DanE4764Posted 8/12/2014 3:22:49 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
If microsoft keeps this momentum, they could have a huge bounceback in sales, and utterly dominate the competion in the end.

Whatever you say. I guess to make sure we'll have to look at the sales of the two consoles for the next couple years to make sure this is true. Don't complain when the sales are posted though :)
#84MattFoleyPosted 8/12/2014 3:23:07 PM
I have a PS4, and I like it (also one a Xbox One). But PS4 people can be so annoying. You love to talk about sales. Look at last generation. Who was the leader for hardware sales. PS3? Nope. Try the Wii.

If you only want to look at hardware sales than the Wii was the best console last generation. You and I both know that ain't true.

Let's take a look at the end of 2014 and see the games actually released, and then Sony PS4 users can brag they have the better console. But as of right now, I can't say that the PS4 is the best console this generation. Some of the multi platform games are better on the PS4, but that ain't enough to say it is the best console so far.

Because the game that I have played this generation is actually an Xbox One game. PvZ. Best multiplayer game this generation so far.

Just my opinion. If there is a PS4 person that loves a game more, good for them. But don't keep telling me you won because of sales. I loved my Dreamcast, and that had terrible sales.
#85supermegabloxPosted 8/12/2014 3:29:46 PM
pwnater777 posted...
It's funny how pathetic some Xbox One fanboys can get when trying to hopelessly defend their console. I'll just assume that most people who act like that simply can't afford both consoles.

except this 'fanboy' is right. it may not be destroying it in sales, but the xbox one is definitely destroying it in quality. sales =/= quality. same with power , power =/= quality. if sony had been smart enough to convince atlus to make p5 on the ps4 id have bought a ps4. but no, the xbox one is getting amazing games like halo 5 halo 2 anniversarry crackdown sunset overdrive quantum break etcetera
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#86supermegabloxPosted 8/12/2014 3:31:22 PM
also its a shame sonys ignoring the vita. the vita is sonys best console. their home consoles kinda dropped in quality after the ps2
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#87Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/12/2014 3:34:06 PM
TC has mastered the art of trolling. Only had to post once on his main and look how many pages in we are
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#88schmittay87Posted 8/12/2014 10:05:00 PM
supermegablox posted...
pwnater777 posted...
It's funny how pathetic some Xbox One fanboys can get when trying to hopelessly defend their console. I'll just assume that most people who act like that simply can't afford both consoles.

except this 'fanboy' is right. it may not be destroying it in sales, but the xbox one is definitely destroying it in quality.

Wrong. More people think Sony has more power and equal or better quality games. The proof: Sales. Yes sales. I thoroughly researched both consoles for weeks, looking at a range of details and Sony won in pretty much all categories except one - Forza 5 but that's just a time thing, Gran Turismo 7 will come out for the PS4 eventually and Driveclub will satiate me in the meantime.

You will see a very small minority here on gamefaqs who are diehard fanboys but the truth is just that, they are a small minority. Most people are smart consumers who buy things on fact. Sure some people bought on hype but I think most bought because Sony offered more for less and have a proven track record for phenomenal exclusives. Not only that but they focused on one thing only: gaming while the X1 has flip flopped all over the place until they came to the same goal albeit on a weaker system.

Anywho I do think I will own all current gen systems eventually but not until I believe it is worth it and currently it is not, and so do millions of others.
#89Reece504Posted 8/12/2014 10:37:18 PM
MattFoley posted...
I have a PS4, and I like it (also one a Xbox One). But PS4 people can be so annoying. You love to talk about sales. Look at last generation. Who was the leader for hardware sales. PS3? Nope. Try the Wii.

If you only want to look at hardware sales than the Wii was the best console last generation. You and I both know that ain't true.

Let's take a look at the end of 2014 and see the games actually released, and then Sony PS4 users can brag they have the better console. But as of right now, I can't say that the PS4 is the best console this generation. Some of the multi platform games are better on the PS4, but that ain't enough to say it is the best console so far.

Because the game that I have played this generation is actually an Xbox One game. PvZ. Best multiplayer game this generation so far.

Just my opinion. If there is a PS4 person that loves a game more, good for them. But don't keep telling me you won because of sales. I loved my Dreamcast, and that had terrible sales.

Exactly I mean look at this
Pre-Gamescom annoucment - More social features, new ways to watch TV, and USB and DLNA Support Coming Soon

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/12/kicking-gamescom-2014-social-features-new-ways-watch-tv-usb-dlna-support-coming-soon/

Assassins Creed gameplay

Fifa 15:

- FIFA 15 - Exclusive content on FUT /w Legends only on xbox
- Exclusive FIFA 15 bundle in the EU for 399/349. Includes FIFA15 digital
- https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/499165799706546176/photo/1

ID@Xbox games:

- Blues and bullets, cup head, dungeon of the endless, fuiit ninja 2 funk of titans. Ghost of a tale, goat simulator, Gunscape, Massive Chalice, Inside, Knight squad, Loves in a dangerous spacetime, #IDARB, No time to explain. Plague Inc: Evolved, Superhot, Prison simulator, The Escapist, Smite, Below, and lots more.

COD: AW:

- Footage of "Collapse" level on Golden Gate Bridge
- Vehicles/car chase, explosions, helicopters, drones *Insert Micheal Bay joke*
- DLC first
- 1 TB COD Xbox One Bundle with custom design console and controller, digital copy of day 0 edition for 499.99/429.99/$499

Evolve:

- New map "Distillery"
- Beta in January exclusive to Xbox One
- DLC first

Rise of the Tomb Raider

- Exclusive to Xbox holiday 2015

Quantum Break:

Fable Legends:

- Multi-player beta starts October 16th

ScreamRide:

- Frontier Developments developing a new franchise exclusively for Xbox One

Forza 5/H2:

- A couple free cars announced for F5 - http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/gamescom-forza-motorsport-5-new-cars
- Rolls Royce licensed for Forza
- No waiting to connect to friends
- 1000 players in a club
- Car meets to share car designs
- Forza Fuel - ingame unlock system

Ori and the Blind Forest:

Sunset Overdrive:

- White Xbox One bundle; Day one edition of the games; 399.99/349.99/$399

Halo:

- Halo Channel for episodes of Nightfall, profiles, challenges/rewards, join friends, etc.
- Partnership with Twitch
- Quick gameplay footage from the campaign; level "Delta Halo"
- Skill based ranking system that's identical to Halo 2
- Sanctuary confirmed with footage
- Halo 5 beta - Dec. 29, 2014 Jan. 18, 2015; 7 maps, 4v4 combat, several game modes, 60 fps, dedicated servers, unlocks for the full game.

All three bundles are available for pre-order starting today.

Digital pre-ordering/pre-download confirmed starting with Forza Horizon 2!

The Games of Gamescom 2014 - http://i.imgur.com/0JUsryv.png
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#90benjimainPosted 8/12/2014 10:45:03 PM
Love all the "Dat salt" response from Xbox fans here. It's like a sports team getting smacked around 2:1 in score and pointing at the winning side going, "mmm dat salt"