Nobody is talking about Quantum Break?

#1pwnater777Posted 8/12/2014 2:00:19 PM
I mean, with how whiny Xbox One fanboys were in the past about "cinematic games" when TLOU: R released on PS4, and now the Xbox One will have an exclusive game that even the developers say that they're trying to make cinematic. It really just looks like Alan Wake plopped into a different, yet generic and overused "time manipulation" dystopia setting.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#2dnmtPosted 8/12/2014 2:01:41 PM
Too busy talking about TR and it's not like the gameplay footage blew anyone away. Looked decidedly mediocre but it is Remedy so we'll see.
#3StaticPenguinPosted 8/12/2014 2:02:00 PM
I think it LOOKS great but gameplay wise it looks super generic even with the time manipulation mechanic.
---
It's over idiot. You're going to die here now and the last words out of your mouth will have been.... Poop train. ~ Krieg
#4wavvvvesPosted 8/12/2014 2:03:15 PM
The gameplay blew me away. I pre ordered I was so impressed. My brother was a huge fan of alan wake so he was even more excited. It looks like 1 of those games that I won't get tired of, like bioshock.
#5MrImpatient35Posted 8/12/2014 2:04:37 PM
People are focused on TR being exclusive or not right now. Maybe tomorrow the topic will change to Quantum Break.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#6zerooo0Posted 8/12/2014 2:04:44 PM
Looks good so far, but we still need to see more.

Also did anyone notice how they didn't mention a single word about the TV tie in? Maybe it's scrapped or maybe they where just focusing on the game side to show off.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#7dnmtPosted 8/12/2014 2:04:59 PM(edited)
StaticPenguin posted...
I think it LOOKS great but gameplay wise it looks super generic even with the time manipulation mechanic.

It also looked like they were playing it on easy mode. There was zero challenge involved in that footage.
#8pwnater777(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 2:05:25 PM
wavvvves posted...
The gameplay blew me away. I pre ordered I was so impressed. My brother was a huge fan of alan wake so he was even more excited. It looks like 1 of those games that I won't get tired of, like bioshock.

Wow, this is very hard to believe. A generic TPS with a "unique twist" (that's been used up by Hollywood to the point of being boring) makes this a pre-order worthy game? Alan Wake was good, but a generic time-manipulation setting makes this game seem very difficult to take seriously.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9regsantotomasPosted 8/12/2014 2:05:26 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#10Massillon_GPosted 8/12/2014 2:05:43 PM
I thought it looked great. Hope to see more powers. Day 1 for me.
---
GT: MGG 9000
NNID: Massillon