Nobody is talking about Quantum Break?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Nobody is talking about Quantum Break?
10 months ago#11
zerooo0 posted...
Looks good so far, but we still need to see more.

Also did anyone notice how they didn't mention a single word about the TV tie in? Maybe it's scrapped or maybe they where just focusing on the game side to show off.

The show is in the game on the disc
---
PS4: DeathThaKidX 3DS: 1864-9763-1030
Xbox One/360: DeathTheKidY
10 months ago#12
Bill_Burr posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Looks good so far, but we still need to see more.

Also did anyone notice how they didn't mention a single word about the TV tie in? Maybe it's scrapped or maybe they where just focusing on the game side to show off.

The show is in the game on the disc

With the way the developers sounded like they're trying to push out a "cinematic" game (they put tons of emphasis on that word), it sounds like the show will be in-gameplay.
---
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
10 months ago#13
Its cuz it looked terrible. The graphics were real bad (yes I know its early) and the gameplay is incredibly bland and generic. The main character even seems too overpowered even for a shooter. It looks like you could literally just sprint up to everyone and punch them. It just looks bad which sucks because I think Remedy is a good studio and Alan Wake was awesome but I watched that gameplay just wanting it to end because of how bad it looked.
10 months ago#14
pwnater777 posted...

With the way the developers sounded like they're trying to push out a "cinematic" game (they put tons of emphasis on that word), it sounds like the show will be in-gameplay.

So, prepare yourselves for the influx of interactive movie bulls*** comments.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
10 months ago#15
dnmt posted...
StaticPenguin posted...
I think it LOOKS great but gameplay wise it looks super generic even with the time manipulation mechanic.

It also looked like they were playing it on easy mode. There was zero challenge involved in that footage.

Yeah, then again it's a stage demo. It's supposed to look easy and fun.
---
It's over idiot. You're going to die here now and the last words out of your mouth will have been.... Poop train. ~ Krieg
10 months ago#16
The game looked really cool and is going to be a day one buy for me.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
10 months ago#17
Finally some gameplay. Looks good enough to stay on my list of games to get.
10 months ago#18
I'm buying on day one. I will say the time powers seemed to spammable and it looked way super easy ut I'm assuming it was for demo purposes (Even Infamous stage demos have unlimited power). But it still looks great and it is Remedy, so I hev faith.
(edited by LandfillAO)
10 months ago#19
Don't quite get the negativity, I know it's not for everyone so not saying anyone's wrong. We knew it was third person shooter/cinematic/time manipulation, cut scenes looked pretty, voice acting/facial movement passable to good.

Time stuff in gameplay needs a little polish but I wouldn't say it's generic (not hugely exciting either but they only showed 2 powers if my memory serves so don't judge it till we know more I say) yeah bullet time has been done to death but I can't think of similar powers/concepts in a shooter except 1 fps game I played a demo of on the 360, I may be wrong tho I missed a lot of games may gen!

Definite buy for me. Story and concept are intriguing, looks pretty, combat looks like a scrubbed up max Payne with suped up bullet time. What's not to like?!
---
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
10 months ago#20
pwnater777 posted...
I mean, with how whiny Xbox One fanboys were in the past about "cinematic games" when TLOU: R released on PS4, and now the Xbox One will have an exclusive game that even the developers say that they're trying to make cinematic. It really just looks like Alan Wake plopped into a different, yet generic and overused "time manipulation" dystopia setting.

awwww, too cute, want a cookie?
---
XBL- LithiumDeal
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Nobody is talking about Quantum Break?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived