I'm going to clear this up for people saying rottr is timed

#1wavvvvesPosted 8/12/2014 2:22:24 PM
Xbox owns that specific title now. Not the franchise. but the title. It's staying on xbox.
Ps4, pc and xbox one are getting a collection. They're "not forgetting about pc and ps4" doesn't mean rise of the tomb raider is timed. Get your **** twisted. There's 3 games in development right now.
No more salt, PLEASE.
#2MetroidFan9999Posted 8/12/2014 2:24:24 PM
Actually no, the publisher owns the title, which isn't Microsoft unfortunately.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#3AwayFromHerePosted 8/12/2014 2:26:12 PM
Why are they so specific in mentioning Exclusive for Holiday 2015 and not just say it's exclusive? Their wording is deliberately confusing.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 2:26:25 PM
They paid to make it exclusive. A LOT of money too. They own the title. It isn't published by them, but they own it.
#5wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 2:27:05 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Why are they so specific in mentioning Exclusive for Holiday 2015 and not just say it's exclusive? Their wording is deliberately confusing.

lol grasping at straws? Why is it so hard for people to accept things being exclusive?
#6Shadowfxd2Posted 8/12/2014 2:27:25 PM
it's too bad, now RotTR won't be 1080p =(
#7Nighthound101Posted 8/12/2014 2:28:14 PM
wavvvves posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

lol grasping at straws? Why is it so hard for people to accept things being exclusive?

I don't think so, Microsoft have a history of saying ONLY ON XBOX when something big comes out, yet they're sticking to holiday 2015, seems a little weird to me.
#8wavvvves(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 2:29:39 PM
Nighthound101 posted...
wavvvves posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

I don't think so, Microsoft have a history of saying ONLY ON XBOX when something big comes out, yet they're sticking to holiday 2015, seems a little weird to me.

No they don't? Ryse is coming to pc and possibly to ps4 due to personal friction between crytek and ms. I read the whole thing on that and it was them not agreeing with each other and that tunred into an argument.
#9MetroidFan9999Posted 8/12/2014 2:30:24 PM
wavvvves posted...
They paid to make it exclusive. A LOT of money too. They own the title. It isn't published by them, but they own it.

They paid for exclusivity, that of which the contract is not known. Title always remains with the publisher for any game.

Even if this was the case (where MS was the publisher but not the IP owner) the game would be able to be released as Rise of the Tomb Raider: Sigma.

Paying for exclusivity doesn't entail ownership of the title.
---
For a good laugh - http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/
#10AwayFromHerePosted 8/12/2014 2:30:46 PM
wavvvves posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

You mean like them saying Sunset Overdrive is XBOne Exclusive with no specific time frame mentioned?

What is the purpose of stating Exclusive for Holiday 2015 and not It's only on XBOne?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.