I'm going to clear this up for people saying rottr is timed

#51Shik_stickPosted 8/13/2014 3:54:45 PM
glassghost0 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
it's only timed exclusive. people are going to wait for the superior ps4 version lol.

Except, it's not

I don't see how this link is overlooked by so many of you. The all mighty Xbox Boss even says it's not a full exclusive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-a-timed-exclusive-on-xbox

Meaning, it is a TIMED exclusive. MS bought rights for the game to come out on their platform FIRST. The deal has a duration, meaning it will end and the game will legally be able to be published for different platforms. what is hard to understand about that?
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#52MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/13/2014 3:55:30 PM
archibald3 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
wavvvves posted...
They paid to make it exclusive. A LOT of money too. They own the title. It isn't published by them, but they own it.

They paid for exclusivity, that of which the contract is not known. Title always remains with the publisher for any game.

Even if this was the case (where MS was the publisher but not the IP owner) the game would be able to be released as Rise of the Tomb Raider: Sigma.

Paying for exclusivity doesn't entail ownership of the title.

And Xbox owners are clutching at straws ? He basically said this is exclusive like Rise and Dead Rising were exclusive. Him not being able to claim it will never be on another platform is a far cry from it ever being available in the near future on ps4 , and lets face it , that`s what we`re talking about. You can speculate all you want , but as of now, this is an Xbox exclusive until which time that changes.

Please, fellow X-Men, don't argue with these guys. They see you frazzled and it makes us all look bad.

We need to lay low(12?) for a little while. Then when SUNSET OVERDRIVE, YA BABY, comes out we need to come at them like the Juggernaut!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#53Darkeagle77Posted 8/13/2014 4:08:33 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
wavvvves posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Why are they so specific in mentioning Exclusive for Holiday 2015 and not just say it's exclusive? Their wording is deliberately confusing.

lol grasping at straws? Why is it so hard for people to accept things being exclusive?

That's fricken right! Let's ban together and stop these nasty rumors in their tracks!

AND for the record, whenever my girl asks me if I cheated on her I just answer, "I did not make love to any other women." And she doesn't read too much into that, so you kids need to stop reading too much into the "Exclusive holiday 2015" part.

Oh boy.......lol!!!
#54NakedSnake1986Posted 8/13/2014 4:20:47 PM
Microsoft owns dead rising 3, they published it but Capcom owns the ip. It went to PC because PC is Microsoft but it won't show up on any other non Microsoft platform, same for ryse.

EA publish titanfall but the deal they had with Microsoft was that the first titanfall remain exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

Tomb raider is only time exclusive however, Microsoft bought the rights for the game to be the first platform it hits just like Sony did with gta 3, vice city and San Andreas.
#55Nighthound101Posted 8/13/2014 4:23:09 PM
wavvvves posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Why are they so specific in mentioning Exclusive for Holiday 2015 and not just say it's exclusive? Their wording is deliberately confusing.

lol grasping at straws? Why is it so hard for people to accept things being exclusive?

Wow you must be feeling pretty dumb today, huh?
#56NakedSnake1986Posted 8/13/2014 4:24:31 PM
I also forgot to mention Rockstar was once toying with the idea of releasing gta vice city on Xbox simply called vice city as it wouldn't infringe on the contract they had with Sony. So even if ROTR is Microsoft exclusive that game can still come out on other platforms after the timed exclusive deal is up under a reworked title like as someone pointed out ninja Gaiden stigma.
#57Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/13/2014 4:26:56 PM
TC got wrecked hard, lol
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#58TheGam3925Posted 8/13/2014 5:42:05 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TC got wrecked hard, lol

That's what happens when fanboy followers who are blinded by their lord and saviour are met with rational people who are able to spot cleverly worded statements to determine their true meaning.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#59ShariusPosted 8/13/2014 5:46:32 PM
wavvvves posted...
Sunset overdrive isn't on pc.

do you mean yet?
---
PSNID: ShariusTC
#60GFaqsUser22Posted 8/13/2014 6:13:35 PM
This topic was destroyed exactly 2 minutes after it was created.