Halo:MCC Halo 2 ranking system across all 1, 2,3, and 4

#1zerooo0Posted 8/12/2014 2:44:25 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-2014-halo-2-ranking-system-applies-to-all-games-in-master-chief-collection?abthid=53ea9801f432577f3d000057

My only issue is I loose far more matches than I win, will that mean I'm going to be stuck at zero?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2LEGEND_725Posted 8/12/2014 2:46:37 PM
They will have social too. This is great news the halo 2/3 ranking system was the best. Having a 50 meant something.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#3LEGEND_725Posted 8/12/2014 2:47:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4duericPosted 8/12/2014 3:00:13 PM
Cool. So they'll be bringing back the boosters and derankers too.

When will they learn that we just can't handle nice things like this?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5vashkeyPosted 8/12/2014 3:09:37 PM
I think the Halo 2 ranking system was good but I don't think rank is going to have as much value here as it use to. The matchmaking wont segragate the games. Each Halo game has different skillsets. Because you're good in Halo 4 doesn't mean your good in Halo 2, for example. One game might help boost your rank while the other hampers it.

Personally I feel like the Halo 2 ranking system is good, I think each game should have it's own set of playlists and each game have a separate rank.

Could this point some Halo game in the collection at risk of having lower populations? Sure. But with this system everyone's probably going to vote for the match thats in one of the original Halo games instead of 4 rather than actually choosing and map and game type they like.

Each solutions comes with it's own can of worms, but at least with the one I propose it's up to player to choose, not 343.
#6SPARTAN_D7Posted 8/12/2014 3:11:45 PM
dueric posted...

They bring back something everyone has been asking for since Halo 2 and we get a complainer on the first page. Right on.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#7duericPosted 8/12/2014 3:15:52 PM
SPARTAN_D7 posted...
dueric posted...

They bring back something everyone has been asking for since Halo 2 and we get a complainer on the first page. Right on.

Don't take my word for it, dude. I only played Halo 2 until they shut it down.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8SPARTAN_D7Posted 8/12/2014 3:16:24 PM
It should be interesting on the MCC board when all the CoD teeny boppers get ahold of the game and don't rank up by simply playing.

I can't wait! The excuses, cheaters, lag, bad team mates, basically everything but admitting they are bad is the reason their rank went down. Waaaaahhhhhhhh!!
---
#9duericPosted 8/12/2014 3:18:39 PM
SPARTAN_D7 posted...
It should be interesting on the MCC board when all the CoD teeny boppers get ahold of the game and don't rank up by simply playing.

I can't wait! The excuses, cheaters, lag, bad team mates, basically everything but admitting they are bad is the reason their rank went down. Waaaaahhhhhhhh!!

That's the problem though. They'll ALL be playing COD.

I don't know why people think this game's MP is going to be so huge. We're going to end up playing the same people all the time.
---
#10SPARTAN_D7Posted 8/12/2014 6:50:35 PM
dueric posted...
SPARTAN_D7 posted...

That's the problem though. They'll ALL be playing COD.

I don't know why people think this game's MP is going to be so huge. We're going to end up playing the same people all the time.

The 10-15 year old punks, probably. The people who have been waiting for a Halo 2 caliber Halo will be back. And those are the people I want to play with.
---