PS4 vs Xbox One WHO WON Gamescom?-Inside Gaming Daily

#11LEGEND_725Posted 8/12/2014 5:21:12 PM
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...
I would LOVE to see a pony try to argue PS4. Xbox's wasn't great. Sony's was a joke.

I would say Sony, because I think MS stepped in a mudpile with the Tomb Raider thing.... I really was strongly considering an xbox one before this, I was just waiting for the price to be right..

This just made me so annoyed and pretty much killed the chance of a price cut happening...

So the fact that they just turned me from a strong potential buyer to a non buyer in one fell swoop means they actually have had negative gain, and Im not the only one who feels this way.

yes you can lose by negative ground as much as by the opponents positive ground.

Sony was bland, MS was a negative.

What stupid logic lol
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#12crucialPosted 8/12/2014 5:22:18 PM
Sony and there Indies lol and MS did ok,both were very average and yawned a lot.
#13imjustdatnicePosted 8/12/2014 5:25:43 PM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...
imjustdatnice posted...
The tomb raider announcement did light up the internet but Sony showed more games that appealed to me.

Really I was really disappointed in Sony conference, but hey to each their own.

Both conferences weren't great but the bloodborne gameplay and order trailer were nice. Quantum Break gameplay was good as well and Ori was cool, but I wasn't interested in RotR before this conference and still not. Heavenly Sword was one game I really enjoyed last gen so HellBlade looks really interesting to me and so does Wild. Both conferences could of been better I just preferred more showings in the Sony Conference than games in the Microsoft conference.

Also shareplay and PS TV release date is other things I liked. Especially since PS TV releases on my bday
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), MMBN 5 Double Team DS, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD, TLOU Remastered
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#14KconvPosted 8/12/2014 5:36:28 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...
I would LOVE to see a pony try to argue PS4. Xbox's wasn't great. Sony's was a joke.

I would say Sony, because I think MS stepped in a mudpile with the Tomb Raider thing.... I really was strongly considering an xbox one before this, I was just waiting for the price to be right..

This just made me so annoyed and pretty much killed the chance of a price cut happening...

So the fact that they just turned me from a strong potential buyer to a non buyer in one fell swoop means they actually have had negative gain, and Im not the only one who feels this way.

yes you can lose by negative ground as much as by the opponents positive ground.

What stupid logic lol

Shall I drag out the proof one more time, okie why not..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tomb-raider-needs-to-sell-at-least-5m-to-be-a-success-says-analyst/1100-6406034/

Now lets look at both possible situations shall we?
1. TImed exclusive, lets say 6 month, honestly this is annoying but in the end a no harm no foul.

2. Full exclusive , lets look at this... need 5 million to break even on a last gen game... right now the xbox one is under 5 million, now lets be REALLY generous here and give them a 10 million sold base by nov 2015, that puts the realistic sold expectations about at 1 million, could possibly be stretched to 1.5 to 2 million, but a 20% attach rate on a game is very very rare.

Now lets look at the numbers, and lets assume 2 million or about 40% of what they need to sell to break even. That means the other 60% of the development costs would have to paid for by microsoft, or about 60 million..

And understand Im using very generous numbers here, assuming that a current gen budget is only as big as a last gen, that it doubles its sales in a year and a half, and that it gets a 20% attach rate..

60 million....

Look at that number

60 MILLION!!!!

How the HEAPING heck are they going to be able to cut the price on the console after tossing that kind of money at a game that they cant possibly hope to get all of back. And they need a price cut badly....

Im very interested in sunset overdrive, but I am NOT paying more for a weaker console, the NEED a price cut!!!

I could give a care about TR, but I really wanted Sunset Overdrive, and now it looks like for the next year and a half, they are going to get beat royally by sony on prices... and thats not going to fly...
#15Shik_stickPosted 8/12/2014 5:43:18 PM
imjustdatnice posted...
The tomb raider announcement did light up the internet but Sony showed more games that appealed to me.

This.

The ONLY thing worth talking about from Xbox is the Tomb Raider announcement, Sony showed a ton of great games. New and previously annouced and all of them looked great.

What's the argument about PS4 having no games? Or no exclusives? Well guess what, after today PS4 has more than double the exclusives than Xbox One.

There, i argued it...am i wrong? NO because i stated a few facts.

Have a nice day.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#16Tajaz2426Posted 8/12/2014 5:52:43 PM
They both showed a great number of AAA games, then some indies. Can't beat that, there are a bunch of games out there for people that just love gaming.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#17cloudriveraPosted 8/12/2014 6:00:19 PM
Kconv posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...

What stupid logic lol

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tomb-raider-needs-to-sell-at-least-5m-to-be-a-success-says-analyst/1100-6406034/

1. TImed exclusive, lets say 6 month, honestly this is annoying but in the end a no harm no foul.

2. Full exclusive , lets look at this... need 5 million to break even on a last gen game... right now the xbox one is under 5 million, now lets be REALLY generous here and give them a 10 million sold base by nov 2015, that puts the realistic sold expectations about at 1 million, could possibly be stretched to 1.5 to 2 million, but a 20% attach rate on a game is very very rare.

Now lets look at the numbers, and lets assume 2 million or about 40% of what they need to sell to break even. That means the other 60% of the development costs would have to paid for by microsoft, or about 60 million..

And understand Im using very generous numbers here, assuming that a current gen budget is only as big as a last gen, that it doubles its sales in a year and a half, and that it gets a 20% attach rate..

60 million....

Look at that number

60 MILLION!!!!

How the HEAPING heck are they going to be able to cut the price on the console after tossing that kind of money at a game that they cant possibly hope to get all of back. And they need a price cut badly....

Im very interested in sunset overdrive, but I am NOT paying more for a weaker console, the NEED a price cut!!!

I could give a care about TR, but I really wanted Sunset Overdrive, and now it looks like for the next year and a half, they are going to get beat royally by sony on prices... and thats not going to fly...

Are you telling me you can't save up $400 from now, until Fall of Next Year?! Grow up
---
currently playing: http://i.imgur.com/V2bG2Be.png, http://i.imgur.com/NhmOPdD.jpg
#18KconvPosted 8/12/2014 6:01:41 PM
cloudrivera posted...
Kconv posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...

What stupid logic lol

60 million....

Look at that number

60 MILLION!!!!

Are you telling me you can't save up $400 from now, until Fall of Next Year?! Grow up

you are confusing willing to pay with able to pay....
#19ace_two_maxPosted 8/12/2014 6:03:14 PM
Right now I will side with the XBone, however if TR is later released on PC/PS4 then Even if two years from now I will consider this a victory for PS4.

We can call this a timed Victory.

I do not consider bad wording to win.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#20uchihajuan176Posted 8/12/2014 6:08:44 PM
Kconv posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...

What stupid logic lol

60 million....

Look at that number

60 MILLION!!!!

They dont need a price cut. if u cant save 400 in a year for better exclusives you dont deserve to play them. please get a good job.
---
GT: Ayooooooo JJB NNID : JayJayBeee
Proud Owner of Xbox One and Wii U