---
http://www.twitch.tv/UNSCleric - http://www.last.fm/user/UNSCleric
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/UNSCleric/
#22rafa0506Posted 8/12/2014 6:17:02 PM
Kconv posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...
I would LOVE to see a pony try to argue PS4. Xbox's wasn't great. Sony's was a joke.

I would say Sony, because I think MS stepped in a mudpile with the Tomb Raider thing.... I really was strongly considering an xbox one before this, I was just waiting for the price to be right..

This just made me so annoyed and pretty much killed the chance of a price cut happening...

So the fact that they just turned me from a strong potential buyer to a non buyer in one fell swoop means they actually have had negative gain, and Im not the only one who feels this way.

yes you can lose by negative ground as much as by the opponents positive ground.

Sony was bland, MS was a negative.

What stupid logic lol

Shall I drag out the proof one more time, okie why not..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tomb-raider-needs-to-sell-at-least-5m-to-be-a-success-says-analyst/1100-6406034/

Now lets look at both possible situations shall we?
1. TImed exclusive, lets say 6 month, honestly this is annoying but in the end a no harm no foul.

2. Full exclusive , lets look at this... need 5 million to break even on a last gen game... right now the xbox one is under 5 million, now lets be REALLY generous here and give them a 10 million sold base by nov 2015, that puts the realistic sold expectations about at 1 million, could possibly be stretched to 1.5 to 2 million, but a 20% attach rate on a game is very very rare.

Now lets look at the numbers, and lets assume 2 million or about 40% of what they need to sell to break even. That means the other 60% of the development costs would have to paid for by microsoft, or about 60 million..

And understand Im using very generous numbers here, assuming that a current gen budget is only as big as a last gen, that it doubles its sales in a year and a half, and that it gets a 20% attach rate..

60 million....

Look at that number

60 MILLION!!!!

How the HEAPING heck are they going to be able to cut the price on the console after tossing that kind of money at a game that they cant possibly hope to get all of back. And they need a price cut badly....

Im very interested in sunset overdrive, but I am NOT paying more for a weaker console, the NEED a price cut!!!

I could give a care about TR, but I really wanted Sunset Overdrive, and now it looks like for the next year and a half, they are going to get beat royally by sony on prices... and thats not going to fly...

This isnt proof. This is you wildly speculating and pulling numbers out of your but. If it gets released for the 360 your whole silly excercise goes out the window.
I hope these people work this hard in their real lives.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#23velvet_hammerPosted 8/12/2014 6:18:58 PM
Sony, exclusive silent hill by legendary kojima and del toro.
---
Lyrical masterpiece, shutter island before the movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1ChdeidHyk
#24Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/12/2014 6:21:18 PM
Sony easily.
Mainly because Microsoft's was disappointing, not because Sony was spectacular in any way.

I think this is becoming a pattern this gen.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#25KconvPosted 8/12/2014 6:22:34 PM
rafa0506 posted...
Kconv posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...
I would LOVE to see a pony try to argue PS4. Xbox's wasn't great. Sony's was a joke.

I would say Sony, because I think MS stepped in a mudpile with the Tomb Raider thing.... I really was strongly considering an xbox one before this, I was just waiting for the price to be right..

This just made me so annoyed and pretty much killed the chance of a price cut happening...

So the fact that they just turned me from a strong potential buyer to a non buyer in one fell swoop means they actually have had negative gain, and Im not the only one who feels this way.

yes you can lose by negative ground as much as by the opponents positive ground.

What stupid logic lol

Shall I drag out the proof one more time, okie why not..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tomb-raider-needs-to-sell-at-least-5m-to-be-a-success-says-analyst/1100-6406034/

Now lets look at both possible situations shall we?
1. TImed exclusive, lets say 6 month, honestly this is annoying but in the end a no harm no foul.

2. Full exclusive , lets look at this... need 5 million to break even on a last gen game... right now the xbox one is under 5 million, now lets be REALLY generous here and give them a 10 million sold base by nov 2015, that puts the realistic sold expectations about at 1 million, could possibly be stretched to 1.5 to 2 million, but a 20% attach rate on a game is very very rare.

Now lets look at the numbers, and lets assume 2 million or about 40% of what they need to sell to break even. That means the other 60% of the development costs would have to paid for by microsoft, or about 60 million..

And understand Im using very generous numbers here, assuming that a current gen budget is only as big as a last gen, that it doubles its sales in a year and a half, and that it gets a 20% attach rate..

60 million....

Look at that number

60 MILLION!!!!

How the HEAPING heck are they going to be able to cut the price on the console after tossing that kind of money at a game that they cant possibly hope to get all of back. And they need a price cut badly....

Im very interested in sunset overdrive, but I am NOT paying more for a weaker console, the NEED a price cut!!!

I could give a care about TR, but I really wanted Sunset Overdrive, and now it looks like for the next year and a half, they are going to get beat royally by sony on prices... and thats not going to fly...

This isnt proof. This is you wildly speculating and pulling numbers out of your but. If it gets released for the 360 your whole silly excercise goes out the window.
I hope these people work this hard in their real lives.

we know Tomb Raider cost 100 million, this is known

We know Tomb Raider needed about 5 million to break even

We know Tomb Raider sold about 6 million over the lifetime

Wikipedia has all this information for public consumption..

we know an attach rate of 20% is high for any game....

So exactly what part am I making up?
#26ThamuzPosted 8/12/2014 6:24:13 PM
Kconv posted...
mietha posted...

Are you.... being serious.. ?
---
The green ones make me horny!-Tardy, Greg the Bunny
#27Draconian-WhitePosted 8/12/2014 6:29:01 PM
Ever see the movie 'American History X' (great flick by the way)? Microsoft curb stomped on Sony's skull. The histrionic malaise is now the aftermath.
---
[XBL GT: AmbientGreen] [Steam: AmbientGreen]
[PSN: Vaporware]
#28Engineer-samaPosted 8/12/2014 6:35:23 PM
Well, xbronies clinging to TR means that it's the only decent game they have.

The ps4 conference had more appealing games than what MS had to offer. Bloodborne and the Order already win over TR.
#29rafa0506Posted 8/12/2014 6:41:50 PM
You dont know how many xbox ones will be sold by holiday 2015. You dont know if it is coming out on the 360, which has more than 10 million install base.
You don't know if microsoft will cut the price(consoles become cheaper to make and marketing and r&d budgets go down) even if tomb raider doesn't sell well.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#30pwnater777Posted 8/12/2014 6:44:58 PM
Waiting on Nintendo to come in and impress everyone without even having some big conference, like they did at E3.
---
Kojima and Del Toro working on a new Silent Hill starring Norman Reedus... this means the world to me.