PS4 vs Xbox One WHO WON Gamescom?-Inside Gaming Daily

#41billOrileyPosted 8/13/2014 9:27:08 AM
same ol same ol
Sony and lame indies
ms and timed exclusive and trying to pretend it's not.
#42dnmtPosted 8/13/2014 9:27:43 AM
Sakurazan posted...
RiME looked better to me than anything else, so I would go with Sony.

Oh yes, Rime looked splendid. Kind of like ICO with Wind Waker art direction.
#43KconvPosted 8/13/2014 9:29:51 AM
My point wasnt even if TR was timed or not

It was that MS was losing by self damage rather than anything Sony did or didnt do, its MS standard operating procedure lately..

Take anything you do and then present it as evasively as possible and let it spin totally out of control and make yourself look even more like big bad evil corp and let the other guy win by default

MS really really needs to stop doing this.
#44trenkenPosted 8/13/2014 9:30:47 AM(edited)
Do we even have to ask this? Sony showed a bunch of indie titles. MS showed exclusive new IPs, sequels to existing IPs, indie titles, new features, Halo TV, stole the sequel to a very popular last gen game away from Sony, even if it is just for a year, 2 new bundles, one of which is a very sexy white which takes the system away from looking like a 1987 VCR, so yeah, coming from someone who owns no stock in either company and is loyal to no piece of plastic, MS slaughtered them.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#45benjimainPosted 8/13/2014 9:30:26 AM
dnmt posted...
Sakurazan posted...
RiME looked better to me than anything else, so I would go with Sony.

Oh yes, Rime looked splendid. Kind of like ICO with Wind Waker art direction.
#46rafa0506Posted 8/13/2014 9:35:10 AM
Kconv posted...
rafa0506 posted...
U werent right. You made up a bunch of assumptions and labled it as proof of something . Everone knew eventually it would atleast go to the pc. In this day an age games cost to much to stay exclusive forever.

There were a few assumptions but I biased those in favor of xbox.....

We KNoW Tomb Raider reboot cost 100 mil to produce, we know it took 5 million to break even, we know MS has shipped 5 million xbox ones..we know general attach rates on game to console for big name games.

There is no possible way MS could pay enough for lifetime exclusive, even without adding ANY assumptions, like a game now would cost more than a game 2 years ago, which is actually a pretty safe assumption.

That was my point. We can all assume based on what we know that eventually it would atleast come to the pc. My contention was you labled your assumptions as proof. You even went as far as to attach the last Tomb Raider's development cost to the new one's. That is the definition of pulling numbers out of your but and speculating.
---
Because Batman is a talentless hack with no powers that needs to hide like a girl to avoid getting shot to s***.dastoOge
#47KconvPosted 8/13/2014 9:41:22 AM
rafa0506 posted...
Kconv posted...
rafa0506 posted...
U werent right. You made up a bunch of assumptions and labled it as proof of something . Everone knew eventually it would atleast go to the pc. In this day an age games cost to much to stay exclusive forever.

There were a few assumptions but I biased those in favor of xbox.....

We KNoW Tomb Raider reboot cost 100 mil to produce, we know it took 5 million to break even, we know MS has shipped 5 million xbox ones..we know general attach rates on game to console for big name games.

There is no possible way MS could pay enough for lifetime exclusive, even without adding ANY assumptions, like a game now would cost more than a game 2 years ago, which is actually a pretty safe assumption.

That was my point. We can all assume based on what we know that eventually it would atleast come to the pc. My contention was you labled your assumptions as proof. You even went as far as to attach the last Tomb Raider's development cost to the new one's. That is the definition of pulling numbers out of your but and speculating.

Thats actually a fair assesment....

If anything Rise of the Tomb Raider would have higher development costs than the Tomb Raider reboot, even if they used the engine from the DE edition.

The other big assumption I made was that Xbox one would have 10 million consoles sold by Nov 2015 which is another assumption heavily in MS's favor

Both those assumptions went heavily for MS and the NUMBERS still dont work out for them.

And my point of all this was

Microsoft is back to the same doublespeak, evasiveness and other big bad evil corp anti consumer tactics that got them into trouble in the first place, and hence they lose not by ANYTHING Sony did or didnt do but by their own anti-consumer tactics.