why are people obsessed with how much a console sells?

#1destiny1990Posted 8/12/2014 7:24:03 PM
why can't people just enjoy a product?

why do they have to obsess about console sales and this system beating that system

i don't understand and why would you want a competitor's system to fail? it is pathetic

if ps4 sells 100 million and xbox one only 50 million, does that mean now you can't enjoy the system that sells less? is your happiness really tied to how many people buy a certain product? If so, you a sad individual.
#2SparkItUpPosted 8/12/2014 7:25:22 PM
destiny1990 posted...

why do they have to obsess about console sales and this system beating that system

i don't understand and why would you want a competitor's system to fail? it is pathetic

if ps4 sells 100 million and xbox one only 50 million, does that mean now you can't enjoy the system that sells less? is your happiness really tied to how many people buy a certain product? If so, you a sad individual.

It's a good measure as to how much support it will receive from development studios. Beyond that, I really don't care about sales numbers.
#3axelfooley2k5Posted 8/12/2014 7:26:40 PM
fanboys

act like they have stock options and family members that will be killed if one side looks better than the other

you know this
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#4wavvvvesPosted 8/12/2014 7:30:40 PM
It's like the pc trump card. Someone will pull it up as a backup plan. Like if something isn't coming to ps4 or xbox one, they fall back on "I can just get it on pc" when in reality they probably don't have a gaming pc. So if a lot of good news is coming from the opposite console, a fanboy will pull up sales.
#5BruceLee1974Posted 8/12/2014 7:46:26 PM
SparkItUp posted...
destiny1990 posted...

It's a good measure as to how much support it will receive from development studios. Beyond that, I really don't care about sales numbers.

That's exactly the reason, I used to think it didn't matter because I don't make money off sales or don't have shares with them, but it does matter having more and better games on your console.

I've owned these consoles in the past and missed out on big games because it didn't sell well or have the support for it: Original Xbox, Dreamcast, PS Vita
#6LithiumDeal26Posted 8/12/2014 7:51:33 PM
Remember how the classic sterotype used to be that men not given natural "'size" would buy expensive cars to overcompensate? Yea, the new trend is game consoles....
---
XBL- LithiumDeal
#7BruceLee1974Posted 8/12/2014 8:33:36 PM
LithiumDeal26 posted...
Remember how the classic sterotype used to be that men not given natural "'size" would buy expensive cars to overcompensate? Yea, the new trend is game consoles....

Why do you fit that bill ? But why would someone buy an expensive car because they have a little weener ? I would buy one just because I want a nice car and want to go fast not to impress anyone.