Gotta admit this Tomb Raider situation is pretty funny.

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 8/12/2014 10:55:29 PM
I honestly did not think anyone really cared about the Tomb Raider reboot series but after seeing the ****storm it has caused I have to wonder, did anyone care about rise of the Tomb Raider before this? I know the previous game did not sell very well so perhaps this bit of controversy is just what the series needed? Seems the tag "only on Xbox" gets any game it is attached to more attention than it ever could have gotten otherwise. Would it have caused as big a ****storm if it went exclusive to PS4?
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#2WarsuhPosted 8/12/2014 10:57:20 PM
I like to call it Microsofts way to be advertised around the world in under a day.
#3Sith JediPosted 8/12/2014 10:58:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Hans109Posted 8/12/2014 10:58:53 PM
You said you don't care about the series and xbox fans in general don't either as indicated by the sales number where the ps4 definite version outsold the one 7 to 3. You see many rants about the exclusivity simply because most of the fans are playstation owners who are actually bought the last game.
#5InninXIPosted 8/12/2014 10:59:20 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
Nope, the PSWhores would be worshipping at their Sony shrines and the Xbots would quietly weep.

Yeah this isn't gonna get modded
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
#6Sith JediPosted 8/12/2014 11:01:02 PM
InninXI posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
Nope, the PSWhores would be worshipping at their Sony shrines and the Xbots would quietly weep.

Yeah this isn't gonna get modded

It shouldn't...That was some equal opportunity trolling right there.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#7NeoMonkPosted 8/12/2014 11:02:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8benjimainPosted 8/12/2014 11:04:24 PM
I think it's because PlayStation helped popularise the series. Granted it was under the superior CORE then, not Crystal Dynamics.

That and it's for the dead last system which means they've seriously hurt their long term potential on this for a quick buck.

Oh and because most people realise in the end, the factors that have led to a 5m gap in less than 12 months, aren't going to be even dented by this timed exclusivity, so all MS has done is pay a load of money to keep the superior install base from playing it a few months.

Bravo MS. What a move. And they wonder why they're dead last and the gaming world hates their guts.

Well this is the last we'll see of MS in this industry after the Xbox One so every cloud...
#9GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 11:04:35 PM
Hans109 posted...
You said you don't care about the series and xbox fans in general don't either as indicated by the sales number where the ps4 definite version outsold the one 7 to 3. You see many rants about the exclusivity simply because most of the fans are playstation owners who are actually bought the last game.

Yeah I suppose it would be even funnier if this new Tomb Raider is a colossal failure teaching Square a valuable lesson about what happens when you put money before your core fanbase and the quality of your games.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#10benjimainPosted 8/12/2014 11:04:46 PM
NeoMonk posted...
This Tomb Raider doesn't change this one bit

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/12/ps4-dominates-gamescom-with-wild-hellblade-and-bloodborne-see-all-the-trailers-here-4830550/

that really hurts.

Oh man, that's brutal!