Gotta admit this Tomb Raider situation is pretty funny.

#21Robin_MaskPosted 8/12/2014 11:27:09 PM
Hans109 posted...
You said you don't care about the series and xbox fans in general don't either as indicated by the sales number where the ps4 definite version outsold the one 7 to 3. You see many rants about the exclusivity simply because most of the fans are playstation owners who are actually bought the last game.

Except for the fact that TR was released a year ago and many people played it.

You aren't being fair to it. If I played a game a year ago and then they release a "remaster/HD" version a year later, I won't even bother with the game.
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#22hotgamerPosted 8/12/2014 11:29:40 PM
What is there to be funny? PS4 will get it a few months after Xbox One anyway. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

They weren't satisfied selling millions on PS3/360/PC, what makes you think they will be satifsfied with the ridiculously low sales it will get on Xbox One.

Considering MS isn't publishing or developing it, it's obviously going multiplatform.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#23Robin_MaskPosted 8/12/2014 11:31:20 PM
hotgamer posted...
What is there to be funny? PS4 will get it a few months after Xbox One anyway. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

They weren't satisfied selling millions on PS3/360/PC, what makes you think they will be satifsfied with the ridiculously low sales it will get on Xbox One.

Considering MS isn't publishing or developing it, it's obviously going multiplatform.

Wasn't that Square-Enix just being huge douches because they didn't sell FF numbers?
---
KI: Fulgore/Orchid, USFIV: Bison/Evil Ryu/Makoto
#24TigercmlPosted 8/12/2014 11:52:33 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
hotgamer posted...

Wasn't that Square-Enix just being huge douches because they didn't sell FF numbers?

This whole situation is Square using M$ money to meet quota and M$ using TR to try and compete with Uncharted 4. Guarantee they both come out on or around the same day.
---
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7aSfVRT7G62XtO1wGu1c2A
Check Out My Youtube Channel For PS4 Gameplay Videos And Clips!
#25Dark__ThronePosted 8/12/2014 11:57:47 PM
You'd think that Xbox fans would have preferred if they had actually used the money they had thrown at Square to actually fund their own new games. Like one of Rare's old IPs that are doing absolutely nothing. Really the only people that seem to benefit from TR being Xbox exclusive are the fanboys who can rub it in other peoples faces.

I highly doubt Rise of the Tomb Raider will move a significant amount of consoles and most people know it's going to be coming to PC/PS4 probs about 6 months later. The way they keep wording it as "Holiday 2015 exclusive" is very suspicious. They've also just pissed off and alienated about a good 3/4 of their fanbase who play on PC/PS.

It wouldn't have been worth it for Microsoft to pay for the entire exclusivity.
---
"Are you dead!? HUH!? CARNAGE!!!"
#26NessaJ_TuNPosted 8/13/2014 12:00:34 AM
Yeah its pretty unpredictable. Honestly I don't really care about the new Tomb Raider that much and no one in my PSN even care or play it, I just hope they don't buy exclusivity on Deus Ex Human Revolution, because that game was the real deal last gen.
#27mygoodluckcharmPosted 8/13/2014 12:01:14 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
You'd think that Xbox fans would have preferred if they had actually used the money they had thrown at Square to actually fund their own new games. Like one of Rare's old IPs that are doing absolutely nothing. Really the only people that seem to benefit from TR being Xbox exclusive are the fanboys who can rub it in other peoples faces.

I highly doubt Rise of the Tomb Raider will move a significant amount of consoles and most people know it's going to be coming to PC/PS4 probs about 6 months later. The way they keep wording it as "Holiday 2015 exclusive" is very suspicious. They've also just pissed off and alienated about a good 3/4 of their fanbase who play on PC/PS.

It wouldn't have been worth it for Microsoft to pay for the entire exclusivity.

I agree. There aren't too many XBone owner as much as PS4 who are fans of TR based on previous sales. I think it was more of M$ way to spat on TR fans who only own Playstation console or PC.
#28CKnightPosted 8/13/2014 12:07:23 AM
So we're all acting like the last Tomb Raider wasn't a highly praised and fantastic game now?

Think of it this way much like Batman Begins, Tomb Raider reboot had some ok to mediocre games before it. So it didn't do as well as it could have. Much like Batman Begins.

But now that people saw how great the reboot is, it's sequel stands to do well and it's exclusivity is a blow to Sony.
#29CKnightPosted 8/13/2014 9:40:25 AM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Yeah its pretty unpredictable. Honestly I don't really care about the new Tomb Raider that much and no one in my PSN even care or play it, I just hope they don't buy exclusivity on Deus Ex Human Revolution, because that game was the real deal last gen.

No one on my PSN play's Infamous, FF14, Killzone, The Last of Us or MGS Ground Zero.

They all play Madden, CoD and a couple of other games like DCU and Injustice.

Just for perspective.
#30benjimainPosted 8/13/2014 9:41:57 AM
CKnight posted...
So we're all acting like the last Tomb Raider wasn't a highly praised and fantastic game now?

Think of it this way much like Batman Begins, Tomb Raider reboot had some ok to mediocre games before it. So it didn't do as well as it could have. Much like Batman Begins.

But now that people saw how great the reboot is, it's sequel stands to do well and it's exclusivity is a blow to Sony.

Too bad it's no longer exclusive. Oh and your PSN list anecdote is a complete crock of s***.

Keep on being bitter about being dead last.