why do ppl on ps4 boards keep saying....

#81Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/13/2014 4:00:18 AM
Microsoft representatives being terrified of answering with a simple yes or no is proof this is going to be timed.

There was so much spinning and turning on tweeter after the show, it's not even funny.

You know which the real scumbag move is? The PS4/PC version will come with extra content as a means of "apology".
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#82DarthVashtiPosted 8/13/2014 4:10:24 AM
NSGraphite posted...
Because it is a timed exclusive. i'm sure crystal dynamics is under an NDA where they cant mention that its timed. then 6 months to 1 year after it debuts on the xbone, they'll come out with the "definitive edition" which includes all the DLC for the ps4 and PC. Dont think it could happen? i have two words for you:

Mass Effect

Mass Effect was never a timed exclusive though. Microsoft published the first game. Then EA bought Bioware. Then Microsoft gave their publishers rights to EA for a crap load of money.
---
XBL: blueknight1st
#83Gandalf the IstariPosted 8/13/2014 4:10:43 AM
1) As someone who has been playing Tomb Raider games for nearly 20 years on PS consoles, yes I'm mad.

2) Even if it is timed exclusive they likely can't say as such because that kind of negates the benefit that MS would be paying for in the first place.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#84billOrileyPosted 8/13/2014 4:14:33 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Microsoft representatives being terrified of answering with a simple yes or no is proof this is going to be timed.

There was so much spinning and turning on tweeter after the show, it's not even funny.

You know which the real scumbag move is? The PS4/PC version will come with extra content as a means of "apology".

I can imagine them saying "we've heard the gamers loud and clear, so we've decided to release it on other platforms for them to enjoy.". WHen in fact it was coming on those platforms anyways,lol.
#85B_ApplePosted 8/13/2014 4:17:58 AM(edited)
Gandalf the Istari posted...
1) As someone who has been playing Tomb Raider games for nearly 20 years on PS consoles, yes I'm mad.

2) Even if it is timed exclusive they likely can't say as such because that kind of negates the benefit that MS would be paying for in the first place.

1-were you mad as well when it originally was a sega saturn exclusive?
2-casuals and or die hard fans of the series will rush out and buy the game because it will be marketed as an exclusive. it might even move a few systems as well. that is how much microsoft care about gamers and gaming in general.
#86RS_YELARAKAPosted 8/13/2014 4:16:56 AM
Warsuh posted...
They are reassurance topics.

---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA
#87Gandalf the IstariPosted 8/13/2014 4:24:31 AM
B_Apple posted...

2-casuals and or die hard fans of the series will rush out and buy the game because it will be marketed as an exclusive. it might even move a few systems as well. that is how much microsoft care about gamers and gaming in general.

1- for like a week you mean?
2 - maybe, but not me - and not only TR - I'm not giving CD or SE another dime. They've been making poor decisions for ages at this point.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#88B_ApplePosted 8/13/2014 4:31:16 AM
B_Apple posted...

1- for like a week you mean?
2 - maybe, but not me - and not only TR - I'm not giving CD or SE another dime. They've been making poor decisions for ages at this point.

it was an exclusive for 3 months but that is not the point. the thing was, if i recall correctly, saturn was using rectangular polygons (i dont remember the terms exactly) whereas the ps1 used triangles. meaning the game wasnt just a simple port, it was more akin resident evil 4 on the ps2, some aspects if not all had to be remade. this shows how far eidos went in order to port its game to the ps1.
and here microsoft is trying to brainwash us by saying it is never coming out, like darth vader and yoda stayed exclusives to theis pertaining systems in soul calibur 4, and the exclusive mission in ground zeroes etc.
#89Pontificus32390Posted 8/13/2014 4:34:40 AM
Slambo70 posted...
Yep, the fanboys are pretty bad. Sony could crap on a platter and call it a gourmet dinner and the fanboys wouldn't blink an eye before diving in

this could be said of both Microsoft and Nintendo fanboys as well
---
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360
#90Engineer-samaPosted 8/13/2014 4:41:21 AM
It's coming to PC and ps4 on January 2016...