why do ppl on ps4 boards keep saying....

#91miethaPosted 8/13/2014 4:46:31 AM(edited)
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
I took a quick peek over there and thats all they keep saying.

They probably believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too. Besides, they're right. It WILL very likely go elsewhere within a year... to PC. It will VERY likely never be on a the PS4.
#92B_ApplePosted 8/13/2014 4:46:31 AM
by the way, there is another practice they are applying here.
remember watch dogs? it is said that the pc version was crippled on purpose to be on par with the console versions. there were a wide variety of settings found in the game's code that were omitted in the final build, the game was supposed to feature more pedestrians better graphics etc.
tomb raider def. edition ran horrible on the xbone. they want to release it on the xbox first so there are no better versions out there to buy. which will maximize the sales on the weaker platform. the rest can buy it on other systems later on, which will be a more stable build.
#93leelee3105Posted 8/13/2014 4:50:44 AM
B_Apple posted...
by the way, there is another practice they are applying here.
remember watch dogs? it is said that the pc version was crippled on purpose to be on par with the console versions. there were a wide variety of settings found in the game's code that were omitted in the final build, the game was supposed to feature more pedestrians better graphics etc.
tomb raider def. edition ran horrible on the xbone. they want to release it on the xbox first so there are no better versions out there to buy. which will maximize the sales on the weaker platform. the rest can buy it on other systems later on, which will be a more stable build.

oh hey mr SALT himself is back with another zinger
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#94orestes1981Posted 8/13/2014 4:53:22 AM
It being a timed exclusive makes sense on SE's part.

The game is going to be released on the Xbox One around the same time as Uncharted 4 for the PS4. If they were released at the same time, RoTR would barely make a dent on PS4. So, it will release on PS4 six months after Uncharted 4, and that will increase the number of sales because SE is counting on a lot of people being done with Uncharted 4 when the PS4 version of RoTR drops.

They get money from MS, and they get more sales on the PS4. Now, the only way that it will happen is if it a good game. If it is pretty mediocre, then SE's plan would be for naught. However, they scored money from MS for making the game exclusive.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#95BirgitteSilverPosted 8/13/2014 4:53:56 AM
leelee3105 posted...
http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

Read that closely and it says that the Tomb Raider release in holiday of 2015 is exclusive.

Find a single quote that says Tomb Raider is exclusive with no limiters.

Hint: You can't. Because it's not. It's absolutely a timed exclusive.

As per usual, Xbots jump to the "only Sony fanboys can believe". You guys really are delusional.
#96HolyCookiePosted 8/13/2014 4:54:34 AM
leelee3105 posted...
InterzoneMantra posted...
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
Tomb raider is a timed exclusive? Didn't they confirm that its not?

It's common sense that it's timed as shown in history in the past 2 generations....especially last gen.

youre posting here, so I assume you know English. Here it is in plain english. no RotTR for PSpoor

And where, in plain English, do you see them confirm it's a "lifetime exclusive" and not timed?
You really can't see why people are having doubts? Jesus, did even read the damn thing?

Whether or not this game ends up never coming out on PS4 remains to be seen, this confirms absolutely nothing, so saying that it's already been confirmed to be a lifetime exclusive is a load of crap.
#97Tajaz2426Posted 8/13/2014 4:55:06 AM
It's mostly trolls floating there. The last TR game on the X1 and PS4 didn't even hit 500K. That's not many people.

The X1 hit 170K, my guess is that it is mostly trolls swimming around.

To put mildly MLB14 outsold TR on both consoles and no one likes baseball. I don't even

I still don't even understand why waste the money on something that is already being bought by X1 owners, I am purchasing my son the game on the X1, just like I was going to buy it when it came out.

It makes no difference, the people that are going to purchase it are still going to purchase it. If you get 10 percent PS4 guys to buy the console and say it sold 600k on the PS4, that is only 60k new owners. Why spend the money, especially when the last game didn't so bad.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#98B_ApplePosted 8/13/2014 4:56:11 AM
orestes1981 posted...
It being a timed exclusive makes sense on SE's part.

The game is going to be released on the Xbox One around the same time as Uncharted 4 for the PS4. If they were released at the same time, RoTR would barely make a dent on PS4. So, it will release on PS4 six months after Uncharted 4, and that will increase the number of sales because SE is counting on a lot of people being done with Uncharted 4 when the PS4 version of RoTR drops.

They get money from MS, and they get more sales on the PS4. Now, the only way that it will happen is if it a good game. If it is pretty mediocre, then SE's plan would be for naught. However, they scored money from MS for making the game exclusive.

the same thing happenedd with ninja gaiden 2. in fact microsoft made itadaki complete the game before it was due, so that it could come out and compete against metal gear solid 4. then we all know how things turned out with ninja gaiden 2 sigma.
#99Exodus_PrimePosted 8/13/2014 4:57:51 AM
Warsuh posted...
They are reassurance topics.

But I thought those only happened on the Xbone board?

----
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#100miethaPosted 8/13/2014 4:58:46 AM
BirgitteSilver posted...

"Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox"

Learn English. As stated, that means it is exclusive to the Xbox. PERIOD. If it said "Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively to the Xbox", THEN it would imply it was timed. As stated it means "the game, is coming, and is exclusive". There is no way you can understand sentence structure in English and read that as "for now".