What did you think of the Microsoft and Sony Gamescom conferences?

#1PS2 4 LifePosted 8/12/2014 11:21:34 PM
I actually preferred the Microsoft Conference for E3 because of all the unannounced games and surprises. But, I think that for Gamescom I preferred the Sony conference over the Microsoft conference for the same reason.

Here is what I found interesting from each conference.

Big Announcements:

Microsoft:

Screamride
Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusive
Quantum Break
Halo Channel

Sony:

Bloodborne Gameplay
P.T.(New Silent Hill Game)
Until Dawn
Tearaway:Unfolded
Wild
HellBlade

Indies:

Both systems had a good selection of indie titles. But, the ones that stood out for me were:

Microsoft:

My 2 most anticipated:

Below
Ori And The Blind Forest

Other interesting:

Gunscape
Massive Chalice
Escapists
Speedrunners

P.S. Super Hot had the worst trailer I have seen in a long time.

Sony:

My 2 most anticipated:

Rime
The Tomorrow Children

Other Interesting:

Hollow Point
Alienation
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Dreamfall Chapters
Ether One

Overall, I would give the edge to Sony this year. Both conferences were pretty solid, But, Sony had a lot more big game reveals.

Microsoft was solid, But, IMO could of used a little less Fifa and Call of Duty. And could of used a few more game announcements. Most of the conference was the exact same things we saw at E3. They definitely have the best holiday line-up this year though.

I personally would of preferred to see a few more games we would be seeing in the near future. The only real new game announced was Screamride.
---
Games I am looking forward to:Sunset Overdrive, Mighty No 9, Tales of Xillia 2, Bayonetta 2, Grim Fandango, Alien:Isolation
3DS FC: 0404-5580-6237
#2wavvvvesPosted 8/12/2014 11:22:58 PM
Perfection. Most anticaipated for me is pretty well known by now: bloodborne
#3mokmuudPosted 8/12/2014 11:27:30 PM
wavvvves posted...
Perfection. Most anticaipated for me is pretty well known by now: bloodborne

The stuff they showed for Bloodborne was sexy.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#4phineasfoolPosted 8/12/2014 11:36:40 PM
Both had good briefings. For me MS showed more stuff I am interested in. Ori and the Blind Forest is the big one for me. The more I see on it the more I want it.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#5DreadmasterXDPosted 8/13/2014 12:06:18 AM
I give both 7/10
---
PSN: PhD_Chemikill || XBL: PhD Chemikill
Official Manus Catalyst of the Dark Souls Board
#6aj4x94Posted 8/13/2014 12:08:04 AM
They both really did have good conferences.

But what really sold me was the new Silent Hill. My second favorite franchise will finally rise out of the ashes.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#7mokmuudPosted 8/13/2014 12:09:41 AM
phineasfool posted...
Both had good briefings. For me MS showed more stuff I am interested in. Ori and the Blind Forest is the big one for me. The more I see on it the more I want it.

I'm definitely excited for Ori but that's the only thing they showed that I'll be getting on my Xbox One.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#8N2O1990Posted 8/13/2014 2:01:16 AM
HellBlade is indie game,SCE not publishing this
#9schmarkenheimerPosted 8/13/2014 2:26:07 AM
I didn't get to watch it all but from what I saw I'd give them both 7-8/10. Good collection of varied games for both with good content showing them off. Yeah this has been a good gamescom.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#10MusuoJoePosted 8/13/2014 2:58:44 AM
I thought it was a Win Win for Both MS and Sony, good games coming to both systems.. Good to be a gamer right now..
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*