did destiny dev really say this?

#1anthony2690Posted 8/13/2014 12:25:10 AM
Earlier this year, there were a few complaints about the PS4 version of Destiny having timed exclusive DLC. We spoke with Bungie co-founder Jason Jones about this very subject.

“We wouldn’t be getting money for this timed exclusive DLC if it wasn’t actually generating results,” explained Jones, “Gamers go crazy for the most insignificant things and we will gladly take advantage of that. We could probably get away with making resolution upgrades as timed exclusives if we wanted to.”

if he really said this, this is the most amusing thing I have ever read (if true) because shockingly he has a point, people really will go crazy for the most insignificant things.... XD
#2wake_me_420Posted 8/13/2014 12:26:25 AM
anthony2690 posted...
Earlier this year, there were a few complaints about the PS4 version of Destiny having timed exclusive DLC. We spoke with Bungie co-founder Jason Jones about this very subject.

“We wouldn’t be getting money for this timed exclusive DLC if it wasn’t actually generating results,” explained Jones, “Gamers go crazy for the most insignificant things and we will gladly take advantage of that. We could probably get away with making resolution upgrades as timed exclusives if we wanted to.”

if he really said this, this is the most amusing thing I have ever read (if true) because shockingly he has a point, people really will go crazy for the most insignificant things.... XD

While true, it is a pretty arrogant thing to say.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#3AwayFromHerePosted 8/13/2014 12:28:45 AM
He's right.

EA voted worst company in America, TWICE! Loathed by gamers everywhere.

EA: Here, have a subscription to play our games.

Gamers: OMG! BEST THING EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4anthony2690(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 12:29:32 AM
wake_me_420 posted...
anthony2690 posted...

I just think it is really amusing :P it's nice that someone puts it out so bluntly that people are stupid and go crazy for such un-important things that are not game changing in the slightest :P
#5wake_me_420Posted 8/13/2014 12:35:10 AM
anthony2690 posted...
wake_me_420 posted...
anthony2690 posted...

I just think it is really amusing :P it's nice that someone puts it out so bluntly that people are stupid and go crazy for such un-important things that are not game changing in the slightest :P

tbh resolution and framerate, with all other things being equal, is important imo. Otherwise I'd be buying destiny on a last gen system, rather than current. That being said, it isn't the end all of gaming.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#6leelee3105Posted 8/13/2014 1:11:44 AM(edited)
AwayFromHere posted...
He's right.

EA voted worst company in America, TWICE! Loathed by gamers everywhere.

EA: Here, have a subscription to play our games.

Gamers: OMG! BEST THING EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's because people hating on EA are voting with their loud mouths. People loving EA access are voting with their dollars
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution