Rise of the Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive. Spencer confirmed.

#1knightimexPosted 8/13/2014 6:44:24 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.
---
RE4 sucks because it's not survival horror.
TLOU is like RE4, it's the greatest game ever! ~Gamefaqs
#2L96A1BOSSPosted 8/13/2014 6:49:01 AM
They don't love you no more. I always view M$ as that kid in school that wave money around begging people to be his friend.
#3wskingwsPosted 8/13/2014 6:50:48 AM
Do you feel better now? :)

"I recommend all of you who're interested in the game to buy 15 copies each.
Little Jimmy better mow 8 more yards.
Johnny needs to stop buying used games.
And Timmy should consider buying the game @ $60 usd instead of $20."
---
I am the voice of reason.
#4GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/13/2014 7:08:29 AM
Least now you guys can't complain anymore cause some of you guys were starting to get annoying.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#5cheezedadadaPosted 8/13/2014 7:09:54 AM
Yay, everyone can love Tomb Raider again. So many people calling it a mediocre series yesterday even with the critical acclaim it has received.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#6deathsaber79Posted 8/13/2014 7:19:47 AM
What is hilarious, is through all this, all MS accomplished was to get even more people to hate them- everyone who bought a ps4 over xbone has had their decision re-affirmed, those on the fence, this doesn't nothing to sway their decision since its coming to ps4 anyway, probably enhanced.

Ultimately, what MS thought would be a slam dunk, once again turned into an embarrassment with the ham fisted way they desperately tried to spin the news in their favor. Next time, just tell the truth- we secured the game to launch on our machine first, with a 3-6 month window. Thats all you had to do. You would still have your limited exclusive, and you wouldn't look near as bad. The same goes for SquareEnix too.

Don't try and hide the fact that its a limited exclusive. Don't you think people are going to find out, and that with any such announcement, the next question is going to be "how long is it exclusive for?". And when you answer that question with defensiveness and PR speak, everyone knows you are full of crap. Again, JUST TELL THE TRUTH.
#7cheezedadadaPosted 8/13/2014 7:25:40 AM(edited)
^Everyone does that though, Sony does the same thing when it comes to keeping their lips sealed about leaking information too early. If any decisions are reaffirmed, it should be that every company is like this.

I see a lot of people playing down MS as the bad guy and Sony as the good guy and I dont understand why people can't just see the situation as it is? Why is Sony any better? Both companies have the exact same goals and they are not different...don't be fooled. I just don't see how it's possible that so many people accept this thought process.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#8trenkenPosted 8/13/2014 7:25:32 AM
L96A1BOSS posted...
They don't love you no more. I always view M$ as that kid in school that wave money around begging people to be his friend.

Worked last gen didnt it? Sony used to be the undisputed king in gaming 2 gens in a row, until last gen when they could barely keep up with the 360.

Clearly you have never taken an economics class in your life, or the reason why they do what they do would be very clear to you.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9Exodus_PrimePosted 8/13/2014 7:27:24 AM
Jesus...this is like a troll Royal Rumble. Every 60 seconds another one tags in and posts the same dribble worded differently on a new topic. TC don't forget to tag in the others so we can have 15 more of these topics by the end of the work day.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#10SoulTrapperPosted 8/13/2014 7:28:28 AM
cheezedadada posted...
^Everyone does that though, Sony does the same thing when it comes to keeping their lips sealed about leaking information too early. If any decisions are reaffirmed, it should be that every company is like this.

I see a lot of people playing down MS as the bad guy and Sony as the good guy and I dont understand why people can't just see the situation as it is? Why is Sony is any better? Both companies have the exact same goals and they are not different...don't be fooled.

Sony made it pretty clear what was timed exclusive and what wasn't yesterday.

They are both out to make money, but Sony appears (doesn't mean they actually are) more genuine and honest.
I think people appreciate that.