So Microsoft's BIG announcement was timed exclusive to a game nobody cares for?

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 8/13/2014 6:52:50 AM
While it did manage to cause a stir initially I am pretty sure most people did not really care as evident by how well the last Tomb Raider game sold. That said this was Microsoft's BIG announcement? The only reason Microsoft's press conference was even remotely noteworthy was because of the ****storm that particular announcement caused and now we find out that it is only a timed exclusive, the best they could do at Gamescom was announce a timed exclusive and pretend it was a full exclusive?

No wonder Microsoft is losing the console battle this gen.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#2bossk5Posted 8/13/2014 6:53:51 AM
People cared for it the day before yesterday.

Just saying...
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#3billOrileyPosted 8/13/2014 7:02:52 AM(edited)
bu but, the locals claimed there's no if ands or buts about it and that it's not timed

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69837946
#4SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/13/2014 6:55:50 AM
I think the big media update was a bigger deal than that.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 8/13/2014 7:00:35 AM
I think the big flood of care that happened yesterday that shook the internet proves your claim of 'nobody cares' to be wrong GlaDang. ;)

As for it being the big announcement, can't say. It was a bit of a shocker, true, but then one could consider the CoD: AW console 'big', with it being the first console with a 1TB HDD. That Halo fluff could have been it?

Has Microsoft actually confirmed what it's big announcement actually was?
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#6triple sPosted 8/13/2014 7:00:43 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
While it did manage to cause a stir initially I am pretty sure most people did not really care as evident by how well the last Tomb Raider game sold. That said this was Microsoft's BIG announcement? The only reason Microsoft's press conference was even remotely noteworthy was because of the ****storm that particular announcement caused and now we find out that it is only a timed exclusive, the best they could do at Gamescom was announce a timed exclusive and pretend it was a full exclusive?

Never mind all the timed exclusives Sony has announced over the year right? Regardless if it's exclusive, timed exclusive or multiplatform, at the end of the day it was a game that was projected to come on the Xbox One anyways so it's not like they lost anything if it's not exclusive.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#7Gruntpunk72Posted 8/13/2014 7:01:51 AM
Dude Tomb Raider 2013 was amazing I don't what these fanboys are smoking.
---
poop?
#8carljenkPosted 8/13/2014 7:03:02 AM
I don't get why they keep paying companies for timed exclusives... People aren't going to switch consoles over a timed exclusive. Waste of money imo
#9LEGEND_725Posted 8/13/2014 7:04:28 AM
How many cut and paste damage control topics we gonna see? Lump em into one salty thread and stop cluttering my board.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#10TheMuffinPosted 8/13/2014 7:04:47 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...

Over 6,000,000 of the game were sold. People care about the series.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.