So Microsoft's BIG announcement was timed exclusive to a game nobody cares for?

#11Axess68Posted 8/13/2014 7:07:40 AM
Even though Tomb Raider 2013 was amazing, it isn't a system seller.

Don't get me wrong, I own the game on PS3 as well as 360. But, if it was locked to a system I didn't have, I wouldn't go out and buy that system just for Tomb Raider. In the end, even a timed exclusive is going to hurt the franchise. Look at how fast games end up $20-30. By the time the exclusivity duration is over, even less people will be inclined to buy the game for $60. That's just the nature of the industry and its consumer base.
---
Axess2084 on PSN and Xbox Live. Gaming for almost 40 years now.
#12GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 7:10:08 AM
triple s posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
While it did manage to cause a stir initially I am pretty sure most people did not really care as evident by how well the last Tomb Raider game sold. That said this was Microsoft's BIG announcement? The only reason Microsoft's press conference was even remotely noteworthy was because of the ****storm that particular announcement caused and now we find out that it is only a timed exclusive, the best they could do at Gamescom was announce a timed exclusive and pretend it was a full exclusive?

No wonder Microsoft is losing the console battle this gen.

Never mind all the timed exclusives Sony has announced over the year right? Regardless if it's exclusive, timed exclusive or multiplatform, at the end of the day it was a game that was projected to come on the Xbox One anyways so it's not like they lost anything if it's not exclusive.

Thing is champ nobody is making out that the Sony timed exclusives are a big deal, no Sony fanboys actually have REAL exclusives to make a big deal out of, games like Bloodborne and Wild and many others announced at Gamescom. What does Microsoft have? A shallow and linear third person shooter and a timed exclusive nobody cares about
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#13Axess68Posted 8/13/2014 7:15:43 AM
I, personally, would rather see Bloodborne be available for the X1 and even the Wii-U (with its lack of core gamer content). No one really knows what the deal is with Wild except for the alpha testers and the people who created it.

Dark Souls 1 and 2 being released multi-platform was a big positive for the franchise. Bloodborne is by Sony studios (like Demon's Souls), so no multi-plat there.
---
Axess2084 on PSN and Xbox Live. Gaming for almost 40 years now.
#14scoobydoobydontPosted 8/13/2014 7:17:24 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
I am pretty sure most people did not really care as evident by how well the last Tomb Raider game sold.

Are you being sarcastic? I can't even tell any more.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#15cheezedadadaPosted 8/13/2014 7:19:02 AM
How the hell do people not care about this game? Have you guys played the reboot? There wasn't much of anything that game did wrong. Everything from the combat to the level design to the upgrade system to the controls were done almost flawlessly.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#16scoobydoobydontPosted 8/13/2014 7:21:15 AM
cheezedadada posted...
How the hell do people not care about this game? Have you guys played the reboot? There wasn't much of anything that game did wrong. Everything from the combat to the level design to the upgrade system to the controls were done almost flawlessly.

Well for starters, the tomb raiding...
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#17kyncaniPosted 8/13/2014 7:24:48 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
How many cut and paste damage control topics we gonna see? Lump em into one salty thread and stop cluttering my board.

Well apparently that is the latest thing.

Yesterday people were running around in all directions "Xbox One is getting an exclusive, Xbox One is getting an exclusive !".

So today I guess everyone will just walk aimlessly " Well, not anymore".

Don't see why, it's not like one random exclusive would have changed anything.
#18ElemayowePosted 8/13/2014 7:26:21 AM
Not many people care yet you and many others have posted enough topics about if to flood the board?
---
XBL: DeathOnSkates 3DS: 0602 - 6733 - 6087
#19AWarAmp84Posted 8/13/2014 7:31:14 AM
OMG!!! MS is going to lose the almighty console battle! Ahhhhh! My life is going to end!!!

Shad up. Don't you have anything real to worry about?
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#20Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 8/13/2014 7:32:57 AM
This basically made my purchase be the X1 version. The chances are it would have been the PS4 version before. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm sure it won't move a ton of consoles but there will probably be some that this will help change their mind(along with other games at that time) when it releases.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif