Wait a sec, TR exclusivity is timed???

#21BaronVladzPosted 8/13/2014 8:44:41 AM
Bryant187 posted...
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Coming Holiday 2015, Exclusively on Xbox.

It comes out Holiday 2015 and it's Exclusive to Xbox.

I doubt it's timed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph
#22adonfrazPosted 8/13/2014 8:46:01 AM
GGscrub posted...
I dont want any apologies, i wanted to ridicule them a bit like they deserve.

So you come to the X1 board yesterday whining about how you're never buying another Microsoft console again, and you feel like you deserve to ridicule us?

Your username certainly suits you.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
#23KconvPosted 8/13/2014 8:46:25 AM
I put up the math several times yesterday why it had to be timed, an unlimited exclusive window would have cost them 60+ million...

Even microsoft isnt going to drop that kind of cash.
#24schmittay87Posted 8/13/2014 8:46:41 AM
Bryant187 posted...
Rise of the Tomb Raider

I doubt it's timed.

I guess you just arrived to the party so I'll fill you in: Phil Spencer came out and said that it is strictly a limited duration exclusive to the X1 and has no control who Squeenix sells it to after it expires.
#25Bryant187Posted 8/13/2014 8:49:58 AM
schmittay87 posted...
Bryant187 posted...
Rise of the Tomb Raider

I doubt it's timed.

I guess you just arrived to the party so I'll fill you in: Phil Spencer came out and said that it is strictly a limited duration exclusive to the X1 and has no control who Squeenix sells it to after it expires.

Ah ok, my bad then. Apologies. Regardless I may still get it, I just want to know more about it's story.
---
Gamertag - ChaoticBryant
If you don't like the things I say or do, please don't blame me. Blame your parents for raising a pansy.
#26lunaticcorePosted 8/13/2014 8:53:03 AM(edited)
Nevermind.. I thought we were still making claims based on the developers comma placement.
---
--- Chilling and Killing 11 (Punching Titans) on youtube.
http://youtu.be/q4p7NCm7fng
#27Bryant187Posted 8/13/2014 8:51:57 AM
Yeah just found a list and it has it as timed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games#R
---
Gamertag - ChaoticBryant
If you don't like the things I say or do, please don't blame me. Blame your parents for raising a pansy.
#28KconvPosted 8/13/2014 8:53:00 AM(edited)
lunaticcore posted...
There is no reason to claim Tomb Raider is or isn't timed.

Phil Spencer confirmed its timed this morning to Eurogamer

What I didnt expect is for them to fess up this quickly.
#29Tajaz2426Posted 8/13/2014 9:01:54 AM
Jesus, I just read the exclusivity part and it made me laugh. They try to put every game as exclusive sounding.

We have the Xbox exclusive, the X1 360 exclusive, the X1, 360 and PC exclusive, the X1 PC exclusive, the any platform but Sony exclusive, the any platform but ps4 exclusive, the anything but MS exclusive.

If I can play it on another platform it isn't exclusive, I don't have to play TLOU or MLB on the PS4, I don't have to purchase and X1 to play Titanfall.

They try to make fanboys feel so good about exclusives, they pretty much make up every name they can and put exclusive after it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS