why did microsoft confirm tomb raider is timed?

#1axelfooley2k5Posted 8/13/2014 11:31:46 AM
they paid to give the illusion you need their system to play it

now it is just wasted money
impatient people that needed to play it at release had to buy an xbox
now they can sit back and wait

it just doesnt make sense that they would confirm you can wait
personally i dont care.....just an odd move on the part of a company who never cared before

spencer screwed up i think
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#2regs8376Posted 8/13/2014 11:33:31 AM
Because of the backlash they received. Microsoft has been floundering with awful PR for a while now. They really should have said coming to Xbox One first holiday 2015. Now they have an even worse rep than they did before
#3abbeldydooPosted 8/13/2014 11:33:54 AM
So MS said that it was timed?Or is this another one of the millions of threads trying to give the illusion its timed?
---
i'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday through friday plane!
#4OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/13/2014 11:34:28 AM
Yea, I don't get it either. You pay all that money for timed exclusivity and then blow the cover on it the day after the game gets announced. Spencer must not have read the part in the employee handbook explaining how the timed exclusivity strategy works.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#5axelfooley2k5(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 11:35:12 AM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Yea, I don't get it either. You pay all that money for timed exclusivity and then blow the cover on it the day after the game gets announced. Spencer must not have read the part in the employee handbook explaining how the timed exclusivity strategy works.

kinda what it seems to be
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#6chitowngamer85Posted 8/13/2014 11:36:32 AM
abbeldydoo posted...
So MS said that it was timed?Or is this another one of the millions of threads trying to give the illusion its timed?

Wow another one of you?

Yes. Microsoft has confirmed it. Tined exclusive. Duration unknown. Have you read any threads on here at all?
---
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz. PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS
Console wars are silly. Just enjoy the games! Try owning multiple systems, its enlightening.
#7miethaPosted 8/13/2014 11:38:16 AM
Honestly, because Phil Spencer is an idiot and ****ed up. The company shelled out money that he then threw away a day later, over a year before they would have gotten any benefit from it. There is NO question he screwed up.
#8Pcmonster87Posted 8/13/2014 11:39:39 AM
Phil Spencer also mentioned the timed would be similar to that of Ryse and Dead Rising 3. Did either of those come to PS4? No they went to PC, so a similar situation could happen and it still won't end up on PS4. Nobody knows yet.
---
Verizon Wireless Employee, Android developer/tech support
If it's a smartphone... I use it, but not if it's an iPhone.
#9imjustdatnicePosted 8/13/2014 11:42:54 AM
Maybe SE was receiving allot of backlash and went to MS and said we need u to do something about this.
---
Now Playing: Dragon's Dogma (DA), MMBN 5 Double Team DS, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD, TLOU Remastered
GT:VernalTomcat76 PSN:PhillyAces
#10kennyynnooPosted 8/13/2014 11:43:53 AM
They said exclusive in 2015 at the show, I understood that. They all vaguely hide thing like this, it's stupid and anyone can figure it out if they don't say it clearly. Besides it sucks having to wait if you're a real fan so they'll sell a few thousand over it.
---
Own: Xbox one, 360, PS3, Wii
Richard is also known as Dick.