Microsoft on Xbox One: 1080p Isn't Some "Mythical, Perfect Resolution"

#41blacklabelicePosted 8/13/2014 3:48:33 PM(edited)
why strive for something better, when you can just settle with the same thing, or worse forever

it doesnt do you any favours when you have competition that can put out a similar type of product for the same price but does a better job

smh

phil seems like a good dude but theres no point trying to downplay something like that. its like hey who cares about ipods when you can just use discmans or walkmans to get the same job done? well that was a bad analogy, and the difference between 1080p and 720-900p isnt vastly huge or anything, though it is noticeable and most people would prefer to play on the better settings if given the option.

all im trying to say that is if you can do better, why wouldnt you want to?
#42Foxx3kPosted 8/13/2014 3:47:05 PM
They're right. It isn't.

It's not the goal, but it's a milestone. We should be aiming higher.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#43Shadowfxd2Posted 8/13/2014 3:47:46 PM
Foxx3k posted...
They're right. It isn't.

It's not the goal, but it's a milestone. We should be aiming higher.

exactly, why get the newest console, if it's nothing better than the last one?
#44Ultimania1990Posted 8/13/2014 3:52:56 PM
This constant whining from kids about resolution is really getting annoying. Just enjoy the games for God's sake!
#45IceHuskyPosted 8/13/2014 3:53:44 PM
prozac786 posted...
Are you even reading what I said? I said in the cases identical games, which means Watch Dogs Xbox and Watch Dogs PS4, or Tomb Raider Xbox and Tomb Raider PS4, or Assassin's Creed Xbox and Assassin's Creed PS4, or BF4 Xbox and BF4 PS4.. Do you get it now?

So, in the cases of identical games, where the gameplay experience will be the same, then yes the one with the better resolution would be more desirable to some people, because it looks better. And the one with the better resolution also often has better textures, better particle effects, better lighting, better foliage, better draw distance, better ground clearence, better liquid detail, better framerate, better frame stability, etc.

So it's not just better in resolution, which can make it very desirable.

You can use the word negligible as much as you like, but on a big screen, there is a world of difference between 1 million pixels and 2 million pixels. You denying that won't change what's on screen.

And when responding to my post directly, it would only be logical of me to think you'd respond to the entire post, no?

So based on what you just posted, are you saying us Xbox One owners shouldn't play BF4, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, etc since we won't get 1080p resolution on our Xbox Ones and buying a PS4 is not the answer since people either don't want a PS4 and are happy with one console, which is where I fall under, or cannot afford a second console? After all, resolution is what determines whether a console is worth buying or not according to you. Therefore, I own an Xbox One...so what should I do then? Just ignore Xbox One games that do not natively output in 1080p?
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#46Foxx3kPosted 8/13/2014 3:54:05 PM
Ultimania1990 posted...
This constant whining from kids about resolution is really getting annoying. Just enjoy the games for God's sake!

Why do you consider them mutually exclusive?

would you be happy if games were 240p?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#47IceHuskyPosted 8/13/2014 3:55:43 PM
Ultimania1990 posted...

Exactly!
---
#48IceHuskyPosted 8/13/2014 3:58:57 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
Ultimania1990 posted...

But these Xbox One games are not 240p, so why even bring this up? Seriously...people who are using 480p, 240p, 4p, 1p resolution as the basis of their comparison to the PS4 seem pretty desperate to try to convince others that their PS4 is godly and everyone should bow down to it. If anything, it is making you look foolish. So just stop already. lol
---
#49prozac786Posted 8/13/2014 4:00:27 PM(edited)
Lmao @ Husky..

I'll spell it out for you one last time.

My first point. Resolution does make a difference, those games also have other visual/performance improvements.

My second point. The above, matters to some people. Not all. Some.

That's it. The rest you just assumed and added in, either because you're bored or really insecure about your purchases.

Never did I say that X1 owners shouldn't buy games because they're inferior. By that logic, PS4 owners shouldn't buy them either. PC master race. Looool..
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#50Foxx3kPosted 8/13/2014 4:00:05 PM
IceHusky posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Ultimania1990 posted...

But these Xbox One games are not 240p, so why even bring this up? Seriously...people who are using 480p, 240p, 4p, 1p resolution as the basis of their comparison to the PS4 seem pretty desperate to try to convince others that their PS4 is godly and everyone should bow down to it. If anything, it is making you look foolish. So just stop already. lol

Who brought up PS4? I didn't mention Ps4. You mentioned Ps4.

I think resolution is important. If you think it isn't, then you're saying you'd be equally happy with 240p. I think that's hard to believe.
---