Microsoft on Xbox One: 1080p Isn't Some "Mythical, Perfect Resolution"

#51MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/13/2014 3:02:23 PM
IceHusky posted...
Ultimania1990 posted...
This constant whining from kids about resolution is really getting annoying. Just enjoy the games for God's sake!

Exactly!

That's right!

Gamers have ALWAYS believed that graphics don't matter. The jump from Atari to Nintendo only happened cause one over achiever decided to stay overtime and work on improving graphics. BUT REAL gamers don't care about that stuff.

E.T. For Atari > TLoU Remastered for PS4
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#52AwayFromHerePosted 8/13/2014 3:03:07 PM
SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST!
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#53Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 3:07:29 PM
IceHusky posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Ultimania1990 posted...
This constant whining from kids about resolution is really getting annoying. Just enjoy the games for God's sake!

Why do you consider them mutually exclusive?

would you be happy if games were 240p?

But these Xbox One games are not 240p, so why even bring this up? Seriously...people who are using 480p, 240p, 4p, 1p resolution as the basis of their comparison to the PS4 seem pretty desperate to try to convince others that their PS4 is godly and everyone should bow down to it. If anything, it is making you look foolish. So just stop already. lol

Most people want the best for their money. You obviously don't but you gotta understand you're in the minority here. It's called value.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#54md22mdrxPosted 8/13/2014 3:11:26 PM
Damage control ... Nothing new. The x1 can't deliver. What's he supposed to say?
#55InfinityOver0Posted 8/13/2014 3:37:27 PM
1080p may not be the 'perfect mythical resolution' but it's what your competition is doing so you better figure out a way to keep up
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
For the Zerg!
#56IceHuskyPosted 8/13/2014 3:40:04 PM
I think people in this thread are forgetting that the PS2 was theoretically weaker in graphical output than the Xbox and Gamecube, including multiplatform games, yet it sold pretty well. Last time I checked, it was the best selling console of all time, including within the generation too. Also, need I mention the Wii? Which was outclassed graphically by the Xbox360 and PS3, yet the Wii sold in gangbusters; including being the best selling console on the market?

Unless everything I mentioned in the first paragraph suddenly changed with this new generation, graphical resolution does not always matter when it comes to the best selling gaming console; it is the games. If the Xbox One ends up having the best games, which so far it is pointing out to be that way, then it could easily pull in front as the best selling console for this generation.

I just think the PS4 fanboys have latched onto yet another thread within the Xbox One forum to find ways to attack it. Seriously guys...give it a rest. No matter what you say that is against the Xbox One forum is going to convince people NOT to buy an Xbox One.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#57Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/13/2014 3:52:35 PM
IceHusky posted...
I think people in this thread are forgetting that the PS2 was theoretically weaker in graphical output than the Xbox and Gamecube, including multiplatform games, yet it sold pretty well. Last time I checked, it was the best selling console of all time, including within the generation too. Also, need I mention the Wii? Which was outclassed graphically by the Xbox360 and PS3, yet the Wii sold in gangbusters; including being the best selling console on the market?

Unless everything I mentioned in the first paragraph suddenly changed with this new generation, graphical resolution does not always matter when it comes to the best selling gaming console; it is the games. If the Xbox One ends up having the best games, which so far it is pointing out to be that way, then it could easily pull in front as the best selling console for this generation.

I just think the PS4 fanboys have latched onto yet another thread within the Xbox One forum to find ways to attack it. Seriously guys...give it a rest. No matter what you say that is against the Xbox One forum is going to convince people NOT to buy an Xbox One.

the difference is the ps2 had a better library. sure if the x1 had a better library than the ps4 it might mean something, but lets face it >95% of the games are going to be on both systems. compare the ps2's library to the GC/OG xbox, there's a larger difference than the x1/ps4. so when comparing the x1/ps4 why pay the same for something less powerful?
#58Miiri0Posted 8/13/2014 4:04:57 PM
ChiliPup posted...
"Damage control"

Of course. Since xbone struggle to 1080p due to its inferior hardware compare to ps4, its very logical to downplay 1080p.
#59youngskillzPosted 8/13/2014 4:12:09 PM
i find it funny phil would be singing a different tune if all of xbone's games were 1080p an there was no problem running them at that reso.

should just keep his mouth shut on the issue.
---
Metal Bands -- Remaining Chaos, Ghoulchapel, Walking Across Jupiter, Widek, Deals Death, Mors Principium Est, Cantabile Wind, Fractal Gates, Destinity.
#60Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/13/2014 4:14:20 PM
phil should just shut his mouth on the whole res thing. it's pure damage control and makes him look sad.