In the end, what did this whole Tomb Raider thing accomplish?

#1Dancouga_NovaPosted 8/13/2014 3:02:02 PM
So Gamescon was surprisingly eventful, what with the weirdly worded exclusivity announcement for TR, the massive backlash online and then the admittance that exclusivity is timed.

Obviously this has garnered a lot of bad will for MS, SE and CD. What I'm curious about is what exactly did MS get out of this, or at least thought they would get out of it?

Is Tomb Raider considered a system seller? Was it to give MS their answer to Uncharted? Was it simply to galvanize their fans and show they haven't given up on the system? Whatever it is, I hope for their sakes it offsets all the bad will they garnered.
#2prozac786Posted 8/13/2014 3:02:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/13/2014 3:03:21 PM
We don't even care about Tomb Raider, so there!

X-MEN! UNITE!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#4HairyReidPosted 8/13/2014 3:06:28 PM
It accomplished once again proving that XBone has no exclusives and can't even keep the so-called exclusives that it gets, which proves that PS4/PC/Wii-U is the combo to one this gen.
#5HairyReidPosted 8/13/2014 3:06:58 PM
to *own
#6astutecolliePosted 8/13/2014 3:07:39 PM
Times exclusive means the ps4 may or may not get it a year or so later. What did it accomplish? MS got a sequel to an excellent and popular last gen game. MS has far more money than sony and nintendo combined multiplied many times over.
#7Laylow12Posted 8/13/2014 3:08:55 PM
HairyReid posted...
It accomplished once again proving that XBone has no exclusives and can't even keep the so-called exclusives that it gets, which proves that PS4/PC/Wii-U is the combo to one this gen.

You're right friend.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8duericPosted 8/13/2014 3:13:10 PM
Frankly, I don't get it either. Why Tomb Raider? Even if it were a straight exclusive. Why?

Even multiplat, TR wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the charts around the holidays. What is MS going for here?

I'm not gunna lie, as an Xbox fan, this whole TR thing is a disaster.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#9Legend524Posted 8/13/2014 3:16:51 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
We don't even care about Tomb Raider, so there!

X-MEN! UNITE!

Stop it...just...stop it

it won't stick.
#10prozac786Posted 8/13/2014 3:18:27 PM
dueric posted...
Frankly, I don't get it either. Why Tomb Raider? Even if it were a straight exclusive. Why?

Even multiplat, TR wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the charts around the holidays. What is MS going for here?

I'm not gunna lie, as an Xbox fan, this whole TR thing is a disaster.

I think Tomb Raider has the potential to do what Uncharted and The Last of Us did for Sony.

Maybe MS felt the same way too? Who knows.
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x