In the end, what did this whole Tomb Raider thing accomplish?

#61billsfanno1Posted 8/14/2014 2:24:27 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
astutecollie posted...
Times exclusive means the ps4 may or may not get it a year or so later. What did it accomplish? MS got a sequel to an excellent and popular last gen game. MS has far more money than sony and nintendo combined multiplied many times over.

And yet PS4 has twice the sales of Xbox One.

Then why so upset over a single exclusive? It's like MS said "boo", all the ponies wet themselves and that 10 million number clearly wasn't a good enough diaper.

From what I've seen, most people were upset because, instead of creating a new IP of their own, Microsoft simply "stole" a multiplat game which only recently had a successful reboot in large part due to those Playstation fans (the game sold more on Sony consoles).

People weren't upset because MS got a new exclusive, they were upset because they felt stabbed in the back by the developer.

Sony did the same thing 20yrs ago and the ponies didn't seem all that bothered by it.
#62StrongBlackVinePosted 8/14/2014 2:26:10 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
astutecollie posted...
Times exclusive means the ps4 may or may not get it a year or so later. What did it accomplish? MS got a sequel to an excellent and popular last gen game. MS has far more money than sony and nintendo combined multiplied many times over.

Then why so upset over a single exclusive? It's like MS said "boo", all the ponies wet themselves and that 10 million number clearly wasn't a good enough diaper.

From what I've seen, most people were upset because, instead of creating a new IP of their own, Microsoft simply "stole" a multiplat game which only recently had a successful reboot in large part due to those Playstation fans (the game sold more on Sony consoles).

People weren't upset because MS got a new exclusive, they were upset because they felt stabbed in the back by the developer.

Exactly. I don't give a crap that the game is on Xbox. I was upset that a franchise I really that has been multiplatform from beginning was bought because Microsoft doesn't care enough to make their own games so yet agai they pay to keep a game away from their competitors.
#63IzraeilPosted 8/14/2014 2:26:45 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
astutecollie posted...

Sony did the same thing 20yrs ago and the ponies didn't seem all that bothered by it.

I don't think Ponies existed 20 years ago...unless there's a group of people that's as furiously devoted to TVs and Cassette recorders as gamers.
#64StrongBlackVinePosted 8/14/2014 2:27:31 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
astutecollie posted...

You are ignorant and clearly incapable of having a real conversation so shut up.
#65InjusticeRebornPosted 8/14/2014 2:50:55 AM
What the whole thing showed me was that, even though certain gamers from particular communities can act in such a way, in the end, they can still come out smelling like roses.

Almost everyone seems to have forgotten how they acted, and again the spotlight focuses on the big bad meanie Microsoft.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#66TheGam3925Posted 8/14/2014 2:56:55 AM
Xbone owners should be very happy about this. Now that people are catching on and MS is being exposed for merely making exclusivity deals for a few months, it could actually drive MS to secure true exclusive games and develop new exclusive IPs in order to avoid more negative publicity in the future.
---
Reviews? Polls? Sales? Resolution? FPS? Nothing matters now except for what the competition does not have.
#67nb003_99Posted 8/14/2014 3:00:22 AM
Alienating a lot of people.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#68HoundourPosted 8/14/2014 3:01:56 AM
It's established that anything Microsoft gets, Sony fanboys will either
- denounce the game,
- cry
- cry some more
- cry about how unfair it is that Microsoft gets an exclusive game that they cannot play.
- did i mention crying?
- whine on the Xbox One board
- claim that I am mad for making these bullet points behind wet cheeks.
---
#69loafy013Posted 8/14/2014 3:58:47 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
astutecollie posted...

What exactly do you mean? Tomb Raider has been on PS and PC since the beginning. Part 1 was also on Saturn. Saturn was basically dead when 2&3 were released so there wasn't an alternate version for that. Next two games were on Dreamcast as well. Angel of Darkness was PS2 only (and everybody who didn't get to play it should be happy). Everything after that has been multi-plat.

So please, tell me again what Sony did 20 years ago.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#70SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 4:33:30 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
astutecollie posted...

I'm fairly certain Nintendo fanboys got upset back then as well, although I was 8 at the time and the internet wasn't even remotely close to being popular.