In the end, what did this whole Tomb Raider thing accomplish?

#71SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 5:35:12 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Xbone owners should be very happy about this. Now that people are catching on and MS is being exposed for merely making exclusivity deals for a few months, it could actually drive MS to secure true exclusive games and develop new exclusive IPs in order to avoid more negative publicity in the future.

They've had 13 years to do that, the only thing that came out of those 13 years is Forza.

I was hoping things would change with Spencer in charge, but this fiasco only shows they don't intend to change anything about their approach at all.
#72GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/14/2014 6:38:00 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Tried to cover up Share Play coming to ps4 in the next ps4 update.
It did steal media attention away from Sony and Share Play but in the end won't matter.

Share Play is the 'next generation' multiplayer experience.
Anyone who tries to deny how epic it is for online gaming with friends is foolish.

Although xbox gets TR first, once ps4 owners get it they will be able to enjoy the single player experience of it with a friend taking turns by virtually passing the controller back and forth. Well enjoying likely higher resolution/framerate and dlc.

Please don't be delusional about this share play feature cause do you really think developers are going to let there games be played for free. Lets wait and see what the real details are cause sounds tk good to be true.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#73Apex-PlayerPosted 8/14/2014 6:47:47 AM(edited)
When Sony lets all their 1st party games use the SharePlay feature, and then every person apart of the growing ps4 user base experiences it they will all want it for every game.
Developers who ignore the user base wanting the feature will bet your ass alienate themselves.

It might not catch on fire fast, but it will become mainstream.
This was always advertised as a ps4 feature in the long run.

Developers who try to deny the user base the SharePlay feature will look terrible compared to the ones who do.
The ones who allow it will be appreciated and made to look good in the media.
The rest will follow,
Wait and see.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#74InjusticeRebornPosted 8/14/2014 6:50:39 AM
Apex-Player posted...
When Sony lets all their 1st party games use the SharePlay feature, and the every person apart of the growing ps4 user base experiences it they will all want it for every game.
Developers who ignore the user base wanting the feature will bet your ass alienate themselves.

It might not catch on fire fast, but it will become mainstream.

Developers who try to deny the user base the SharePlay feature will look terrible compared to the ones who do.
The ones who allow it will be appreciated and made to look good in the media.
The rest will follow,
Wait and see.

I will admit, when the PS4 was first revealed and this was an idea, I wasn't exactly sold on it. It was a thing I overlooked, as I thought it was just a 'meh' feature.

But this isn't the first post of yours I've seen about it, and to be honest, you make it sound pretty swell. From what you said in the other post, it reminds me of the old days of playing with a buddy, and then passing the controller to them, but without them having to be there.

I only watched the games from Sony at Gamescom, so if it was shown off there I missed it (and will catch up later).

It does sound pretty cool.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#75Apex-PlayerPosted 8/14/2014 6:53:08 AM
That's exactly how it makes me feel as well.
Very excited for it.
---
Unbearable is it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends.
There's a secret song at the center of the world and its sound is like razors through flesh
#76GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/14/2014 7:58:01 AM
Again stop being delusional you think if Activision decided not use Share play with lets say COD AW it would effect their sales. Things would remain the same, yes some gamers will complain but when do gamers not complain about something.

I bet that most devs are going to go the Ubi Soft route and give a limited amount of tokens. When those tokens are used you have to buy more from thr dev.

The way your trying to make Share Play sound would mean devs would lose so much money cause why buy a game when you play your friends copy.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#77crucialPosted 8/14/2014 8:21:34 AM
Like with Farcry 4 you can share play the co-op part of the game with friends but nothing else,devs will only give you a small amount of the game to share play with,like I could see CoD co-op spec op's type games that could be played for free over share play but not the mp part of the game,its going to be a demo mode to get your friends to buy it.
#78billsfanno1Posted 8/14/2014 9:41:16 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Apex-Player posted...
It did steal media attention away from Sony and Share Play but in the end won't matter.

Anyone who tries to deny how epic it is for online gaming with friends is foolish.

Although xbox gets TR first, once ps4 owners get it they will be able to enjoy the single player experience of it with a friend taking turns by virtually passing the controller back and forth. Well enjoying likely higher resolution/framerate and dlc.

Please don't be delusional about this share play feature cause do you really think developers are going to let there games be played for free. Lets wait and see what the real details are cause sounds tk good to be true.

SharePlay = DRM on steroids (e.g., I download an entire game to my console but can only play certain aspects of the game that the developer allows for and only when a friend who owns it invites me).

It's just as big a 180 for Sony from E3 last year (no DRM) as people accuse MS of.

But DRM and 180s are suddenly okay because PS4 is getting them...
#79Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/14/2014 9:43:30 AM
it pissed off tomb raider fans. It made sony fanboys rage. it alienated square enix and made xbox fanboys smug and spawned hundreds of topics about it.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#80GuiltySoul2005Posted 8/14/2014 9:48:29 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Apex-Player posted...

SharePlay = DRM on steroids (e.g., I download an entire game to my console but can only play certain aspects of the game that the developer allows for and only when a friend who owns it invites me).

It's just as big a 180 for Sony from E3 last year (no DRM) as people accuse MS of.

But DRM and 180s are suddenly okay because PS4 is getting them...

Wow. That spin. I'm dizzy.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x