In the end, what did this whole Tomb Raider thing accomplish?

#81EnclavePosted 8/14/2014 10:13:00 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
SharePlay = DRM on steroids (e.g., I download an entire game to my console but can only play certain aspects of the game that the developer allows for and only when a friend who owns it invites me).

It's just as big a 180 for Sony from E3 last year (no DRM) as people accuse MS of.

But DRM and 180s are suddenly okay because PS4 is getting them...

What you describe is indeed a form of DRM, however it's a form of DRM that lets you play a game you never paid for. I don't know how anybody could complain about that.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#82billsfanno1Posted 8/14/2014 10:23:12 AM
Enclave posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
SharePlay = DRM on steroids (e.g., I download an entire game to my console but can only play certain aspects of the game that the developer allows for and only when a friend who owns it invites me).

It's just as big a 180 for Sony from E3 last year (no DRM) as people accuse MS of.

But DRM and 180s are suddenly okay because PS4 is getting them...

What you describe is indeed a form of DRM, however it's a form of DRM that lets you play a game you never paid for. I don't know how anybody could complain about that.

I'm not complaining about it. If you recall, when MS was going to let XBL members share games with their friends and family, the internet had a meltdown and many still haven't gotten over it.
#83zephirrainesPosted 8/14/2014 10:23:22 AM
What it accomplished was showcasing how pathetic sony fanboys are. From threats to denial that you wanted the game to petitions to now acting like waiting a year or more for a game that might never come out on ps4 is a win while you play rogues legacy at home on your ps4 and claim you have a gaming pc.

While you are waiting for TF, DR3, Ryse, TR, plants vs zombies real gamers will have already played them and moved on with their lives while you beg for sloppy seconds.

That is what this accomplished. Proved how desperate u are to cover the disappointment you feel in your ps4 purchase.
#84zephirrainesPosted 8/14/2014 10:26:28 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Xbone owners should be very happy about this. Now that people are catching on and MS is being exposed for merely making exclusivity deals for a few months, it could actually drive MS to secure true exclusive games and develop new exclusive IPs in order to avoid more negative publicity in the future.

They've had 13 years to do that, the only thing that came out of those 13 years is Forza.

I was hoping things would change with Spencer in charge, but this fiasco only shows they don't intend to change anything about their approach at all.

And you kids 180 again considering no one whined that bloodborne is made by From Software which is not owned by sony. You Casuals are just upset that ps4 has no gsmes and you just have to wait.
#85MRL3G3NDPosted 8/14/2014 10:29:27 AM
pissed a lot of people off

the game is not that much of a game changer to make people run out and buy a XB1

it's going to be a cross plat...soooo nothing mind blowing on deck there to be expected...

it's going to be a quick play and trade...
---
http://www.twitch.tv/mrlegend101/
https://www.youtube.com/user/MRLEGEND102
#86zephirrainesPosted 8/14/2014 10:32:21 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
pissed a lot of people off

the game is not that much of a game changer to make people run out and buy a XB1

it's going to be a cross plat...soooo nothing mind blowing on deck there to be expected...

it's going to be a quick play and trade...

Only people upset were the ps4 fanboys who
Must pray and wait for yet another game. They are still praying about titanfall and dead rising 3. Add TR to the list.

They blame MS while sony ignores the ps4 and vita. Maybe they should blame sony for not fighting for the games.
#87SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 10:32:24 AM
zephirraines posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Xbone owners should be very happy about this. Now that people are catching on and MS is being exposed for merely making exclusivity deals for a few months, it could actually drive MS to secure true exclusive games and develop new exclusive IPs in order to avoid more negative publicity in the future.

They've had 13 years to do that, the only thing that came out of those 13 years is Forza.

I was hoping things would change with Spencer in charge, but this fiasco only shows they don't intend to change anything about their approach at all.

And you kids 180 again considering no one whined that bloodborne is made by From Software which is not owned by sony. You Casuals are just upset that ps4 has no gsmes and you just have to wait.

Weren't you going to delete your account, last year or something?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67592954?page=3

You're still making as little sense today as you were back then, so it wouldn't be a big loss.
#88EnclavePosted 8/14/2014 10:38:52 AM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
I'm not complaining about it. If you recall, when MS was going to let XBL members share games with their friends and family, the internet had a meltdown and many still haven't gotten over it.

The internet had a meltdown because of DRM on games they bought. The family sharing is not what people were pissed about. Please don't try to rewrite history. Hell, they didn't even bring up family sharing until they had done their 180 on the DRM which simply reeked of them just trying to stick it to the fanbase for rejecting their ridiculous DRM plans.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#89zephirrainesPosted 8/14/2014 10:35:08 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
zephirraines posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

You're still making as little sense today as you were back then, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

If sony can lie to you and you are okay with it then you should get over the fact that i lied to you too metroid. I do love how you saved that link alt. its funny in a sad pathetic and desperate kind of way.
#90SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 12:01:47 PM
zephirraines posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
zephirraines posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

If sony can lie to you and you are okay with it then you should get over the fact that i lied to you too metroid. I do love how you saved that link alt. its funny in a sad pathetic and desperate kind of way.

I'm no alt.

The only thing that's sad is someone not managing to keep their word.