"Exclusives war" is just heating up..

#11TheGDBatmanPosted 8/13/2014 6:03:03 PM
Who cares about this time exclusive stuff? If you like it buy it. Im bummed that ps4 is getting more arkham content but just like the past few games in that series it wasnt enough to me to buy a ps3
#12UtterMoonPosted 8/13/2014 6:27:25 PM
This..."exclusive" war is plain ole bad for the consumer...its competition, but not the kind that we want. MS and Sony are trying to shove the largest wedge possible between their base and we are the ones suffering. Its just a shame that multiplatform games are being targeted with exclusive content, timed releases on the launch and on upcoming dlc...when 2 years ago we would all be getting the same thing at the same time (baring the technical differences between systems).

This is not MS and Sony trying to woo us...its not them going out and earning our adoration...its not them funding new IP's...its them hurting the consumers of the other brand for no other reason than to drive that wedge deeper, because Tomb Raider releasing (a few months I'm guessing) earlier on the Xbone isn't going to push the Xbone sales all that much....people are not going to run out and buy a PS4 because Bungie is making DLC for it....and if people are then the numbers are nigg-ardly and insignificant.

Consumers...gamers...those are the people who are suffering here...not MS or Sony..and certainly not the devs. who are being payed boat loads of money to do this...its us.
#13chitowngamer85Posted 8/14/2014 4:04:39 AM
Amen.
---
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz. PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS
I'd like to get an XB1, too, but I think my fiance might be upset if I came home with ANOTHER system.
#14Juzten76Posted 8/14/2014 4:06:05 AM
muffinmasher posted...
Ehh, I don't know if you've heard, but it's not exclusive.

Really? Awesome! What's the release date for PS4 and WiiU?
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#15YakashiPosted 8/14/2014 4:34:53 AM(edited)
Juzten76 posted...
muffinmasher posted...

He can't tell you because it is exclusive to xbox. And will remain exclusive until a version is announced on a different platform.

I could just as easily say bloodborne isn't exclusive. No other versions have been announced, but hey, if I say it's not exclusive then that must be a fact.

Oh and edit, I 100% believe TR will go to PS4. But right now, it's an xbox exclusive and there is no PS or PC version.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#16nableetPosted 8/14/2014 6:34:40 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
Yes, much like most of the PS4 "exclusives" it's only timed.

Yup, but at least Sony had a clear presentation where they actively said "on PS4 first". Nice and clear.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#17astutecolliePosted 8/14/2014 6:35:59 AM
muffinmasher posted...

Its not on ps4, and that is producing many salty delicious tears for me to taste. :)
#18benjimainPosted 8/14/2014 6:37:19 AM
Yeah such a "war" with sales disparity like this

http://i.imgur.com/bSZlo4G.png

In another year and half, maybe less, the gap is going to be so large, that not even Microsoft will be able to buy timed exclusives. Developers and publishers will simply laugh and point out their 10m userbase, then pointing out the PS4's 25m. And then after that, it's only going to get worse.
#19YakashiPosted 8/14/2014 6:37:25 AM
nableet posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Yes, much like most of the PS4 "exclusives" it's only timed.

Yup, but at least Sony had a clear presentation where they actively said "on PS4 first". Nice and clear.

Yep, the vague way MS dealt with this was pretty poor. I understood what they meant, but it seems so many others didn't which means they didn't communicate correctly. One more cock up to add to the list.
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#20astutecolliePosted 8/14/2014 6:37:26 AM
Juzten76 posted...
muffinmasher posted...

Its not on either. I believe hes referring to the 360 version.