"Exclusives war" is just heating up..

#61TBONE_OGPosted 8/14/2014 9:38:43 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Tomb Raider being a timed exclusive is still an exclusive.

Proof? Go preorder the new Tomb Raider on PS4 or PC. You can't. Will you be able to someday? Yes, I hope so. That's why I (Guilty) changed this.

Enjoy your mystery!

thats the entire point ...

sony has lost nothing
ms has barely gained anything...

First? Don't misquote me.

Second? You don't know. You hope to play TR on PS4/PC. You're not just waiting to play the game elsewhere... you're actually waiting to hear that you can! No other version has been announced.

Sony has lost nothing? Pretty sure they lost TR 2015 holiday sales...

I didn't misquote you, I added my response to the most relevant part of your post and highlighted it.

I do know. If TR2 is coming to xb1 and 360, yet is confirmed to be a timed exclusive then it is obviously coming to other platforms. What else could it possibly mean, there's no two ways about it, there's no misinterpretation. It is coming to other consoles, that is a fact. it is multiplat, that is a fact.

Do Sony make money on a 3rd party title? If they do then its still money they will make eventually whenever it inevitably comes to ps3/ps4. So no, they have lost nothing, not sales and least of all the franchise.

Go preorder the PS4 version of Tomb Raider right now, fact boy.

Exactly. May God have mercy on your guilty soul.
---
Always O.G.
#62GuiltySoul2005Posted 8/14/2014 9:43:52 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
Tomb Raider being a timed exclusive is still an exclusive.

Proof? Go preorder the new Tomb Raider on PS4 or PC. You can't. Will you be able to someday? Yes, I hope so. That's why I (Guilty) changed this.

Enjoy your mystery!

thats the entire point ...

sony has lost nothing
ms has barely gained anything...

First? Don't misquote me.

Second? You don't know. You hope to play TR on PS4/PC. You're not just waiting to play the game elsewhere... you're actually waiting to hear that you can! No other version has been announced.

Sony has lost nothing? Pretty sure they lost TR 2015 holiday sales...

I didn't misquote you, I added my response to the most relevant part of your post and highlighted it.

I do know. If TR2 is coming to xb1 and 360, yet is confirmed to be a timed exclusive then it is obviously coming to other platforms. What else could it possibly mean, there's no two ways about it, there's no misinterpretation. It is coming to other consoles, that is a fact. it is multiplat, that is a fact.

Do Sony make money on a 3rd party title? If they do then its still money they will make eventually whenever it inevitably comes to ps3/ps4. So no, they have lost nothing, not sales and least of all the franchise.

Go preorder the PS4 version of Tomb Raider right now, fact boy.

Exactly. May God have mercy on your guilty soul.

It does not change the fact it is 100% coming to Sony consoles and PC. FACT.

Please explain to me what is meant by timed exclusive if not the 100% indisputable fact that the game is coming to other consoles.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#63benjimainPosted 8/14/2014 9:56:08 AM
trenken posted...
bring up sales which have absolutely no end effect on gamers.

trenken posted...
LBP is not even remotely close to as popular as Halo. You know that. And Halo 1, 2 and 3 all had epic sales. Why are you writing off Halo 1 and 3? thats absurd. Halo 3 still holds the record for most preorders for a console exclusive ever, 3.5 million. LBP is very far away from that level. You dont actually think LBP will sell more than Halo Collection do you? Not trying to be snippy, but I mean thats absurd to even think about. And its not even possible.

Just lol. It's too easy. Just too easy. Bring up the PS4 sales crushing the Xbox One and sales don't matter. Bring up an answer to the question of games, and those games don't count because they don't sell as high as the Xbox One games apparently.

Ahhh don't change, MS defence force. Don't change.
#64YakashiPosted 8/14/2014 10:34:47 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
trenken posted...

LBP is not even remotely close to as popular as Halo. You know that. And Halo 1, 2 and 3 all had epic sales. Why are you writing off Halo 1 and 2? thats absurd. Halo 3 still holds the record for most preorders for a console exclusive, 3.5 million. LBP is very far away from that level. You dont actually think LBP will sell more than Halo Collection do you? Not trying to be snippy, but I mean thats absurd to even think about. And its not even possible.

No, i dont think it will sell more. I do however consider it a fair comparison since it is a remastered/collection vs a new game, which is why I give halo2 more weight since its actually recreated from scratch. Were it halo5 vs lbp3, no i would not even consider the comparison.

I actually do think LBP3 will sell more than MCC. Not on a copies sold as a percentage of the install base, but overall. With no interesting games coming out for PS4 this year, I believe that will really, really help a game like LBP. It's a decent, but not spectacular, seller in its own right. Add in to that the lack of titles for PS4 (x1 is in a similar boat of course) and I think it will do really well.

The install base for ps4 is so much greater than X1 that MCC, unless it is a big system seller in its own right, won't sell as much as people may expect based on past Halo performance. I'd say something like 40 % of X1 owners may buy MCC where as say 20% of the PS4 community may purchase LBP, which of courses still equates to more copies of LBP.

It doesn't matter though. I won't be getting either of those games and have never owned a title in those franchises, except HCE on PC. So I might be way off!!
---
Thanks for the response and have a blessed day.
#65benjimainPosted 8/14/2014 12:27:45 PM
Yakashi posted...
It doesn't matter though. I won't be getting either of those games and have never owned a title in those franchises, except HCE on PC. So I might be way off!!

You've missed out. Halo and LBP are awesome franchises.