Getting an Xbox1 Friday, Have Some Questions.

#11Exodus_PrimePosted 8/14/2014 7:34:39 AM
MicrosoftLover posted...
leezy1 posted...
I will be joining the club soon hopefully.

I was wondering how compatible it is with direct tv, with the voice voice command features?

how responsive are the voice command if u have an accent? (deep south)

what is this snap feature?

do I have to install every game I play?

can I have multiple windows(tv tab, game tab, internet explorer tab?)

these are all I can think of at the moment.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the club! As a new X-Men I will give you the title of...

leezy1
Official Morph of the Xbox One boards

Once you're here long enough I might consider upgrading you to maybe Beast. But for now you're Morph.

Until then, enjoy your new Xbox One, it's more advance than a Sentinel! And worth more than Adamantium!

What....did I....just read?

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#12MidnightJacketPosted 8/14/2014 7:46:27 AM
leezy1 posted...
got a couple more ?'s

how responsive is the Kinect for hand gestures when interacting with the menu?

if left in standby mode how is the strain on your electric bill?

does the Kinect record me while I play at anytime?(with/without my permission)

can a friend that just came over voice command my xbox 1 without permission?

.my favorite is wolverine. is morph like the entry level guy? lol.

1) The kinect works excellent for voice commands (all except for the Xbox Turn On command, I only rarely get that one to work). As for the hand gestures, it's a learned art. I didn't really do much with hand gestures back in the 360 days, and I still don't use them often on the X1. Sometimes when I'm lifting up my beer the xbox thinks I'm trying to use hand gestures. Hand gestures isn't really for me, it takes "soft hands" and "soft movements" to get it to do what you want it to do - something I personally don't have the patience for. Someone more experienced using that feature might be able to say for certain if its a great feature or not, but I don't imagine many people use it. Voice commands generally are about all you'll need for navigation.

2) I'm sure someone can dig out numbers from google for you. I havn't noticed an issue. You said you were from the deep south, I'm from Atlanta. Running my AC during the summer is a much larger issue on paying the bill than some electronics being in standby mode. Standby is pretty much necessary, I'd say, to take full advantage of the system features IMO. Turning the system on from standby and you can immediatly jump right back into your game without loading it up again.

3) As far as I know, the Kinect isn't recording you without your permission while you're playing a game. Now the gameplay itself is temporarily saved up to a certain point, so you can say Xbox Record That to save the last 30 seconds of footage. Without loading up a program specifically taylored to recording you or streaming you while you play, I don't recall ever seeing anything about the kinect recording you while you play.

4) Yes, someone can holler out commands at your xbox while you're playing and your kinect will listen to them. Not really an issue though unless your friends are douchbags, at which point you may need new friends. What is more of an issue is if you're talking games with somebody and ever mention "xbox" anything, many times your xbox will think you're trying to give a command. You have to follow it up with a "stop listening" command. Not a huge PITA, but a small inconvenience nonetheless.
#13Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/14/2014 11:00:50 AM
Answering to the best of my ability!

how responsive is the Kinect for hand gestures when interacting with the menu?

It works fine, although I would rather use the controller because the controller is faster and using hand gestures makes my arm sore lol

I don't know, I always turn it completely off unless I am downloading something, only then I put it on standby. To turn it completely off, hold down the power button until you hear a click.

does the Kinect record me while I play at anytime?(with/without my permission)

Nope. It can record you with your permission, but I don't know how.

can a friend that just came over voice command my xbox 1 without permission?

Yes. However, you can change privacy settings so that doesn't happen.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#14warz0r09Posted 8/14/2014 11:21:52 AM

I haven't really noticed any increase with stand by mode as i got rid of 360 and got xbox one and bill is the same. Summer just sucks cause of AC.
#15leezy1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 12:36:25 PM
thanks guys.

these answers are very helpful to me.

I have just a few more questions.

is there a power brick, if so how big is it?

does the xb1 generate alot of heat compared to the 360?

as a xb1 owner. what issues do u have with the system u hope they address in the future?

is the xb1 louder than the 360?

this cloud stuff. have u noticed a difference with it? are devs really using it?

how does the controller feel? do the buttons feel sticky? thumbsticks sturdy?

I heard the harddrive isn't that big. can I upgrade the hd with a bigger one?

thanks guys. I feeling like Christmas is tomorrow.
i can't wait.
#16DinglesteedPosted 8/14/2014 12:39:09 PM
leezy1 posted...
thanks guys.

these answers are very helpful to me.

I have just a few more questions.

as a xb1 owner. what issues do u have with the system u hope they address in the future?

this cloud stuff. have u noticed a difference with it? are devs really using it?

thanks guys. I feeling like Christmas is tomorrow.
i can't wait.

There is a power brick, it's about the same as the 360.

Haven't noticed any abnormal heat. Get's warm but nothing more.

System itself is very quiet. Can barely tell it's on most the time.

Controller feels amazing to me. I really enjoy it. Love the rumble triggers too!

Hard drive is 500gb, and you can upgrade it with an external drive. Just plug it into the USB and you're good to go.
---
Playing: MLB 14 (PS4), Forza 5, PvZ: GW, Titanfall (XB1), Mario Kart 8, MH3U (Wii U), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#17Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/14/2014 6:16:47 PM(edited)
No problem!

Yes, as big as the Xbox 360 S power brick.

Nope, it generates less than the Xbox 360 S I own.

Browsing the online Marketplace is confusing and not like the 360s. I hope they clean that up and make it simplier like the 360 Marketplace. It would be the best if it was like the Marketplace when you sign in on a computer. That's all I can think of right now.

Nope. MUCH quieter. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have no idea. Online games definitely do run better than the 360 versions. But I haven't compared it to the PS4 versions because I don't own one.

Controller is a much much better quality than the 360. It makes the 360 controller feel like a cheap plastic toy. Thumbsticks are the best I ever felt in a controller, triggers are amazing.

However, the Xbox One BUMPERS are completely different to use than the Xbox 360 Bumpers!!!! Make sure you look up on YouTube "How to use Xbox One Controller bumper". Seriously, the first time you use the bumpers, you're gonna be like "What the hell??" But after watching the YouTube vids, its all gonna make sense. After getting used to the bumpers, they actually work better than the 360s. It greatly cuts down response time between the triggers and the bumpers.

Heres the video:

http://youtu.be/RF-smJELJ4A

The Hard Drive is 500GB and there is a 1TB Hard drive console coming out this Holiday 2014 season.

Xbox One had an update a couple months ago where you can use any external hard drive with a USB 3.0 plug in. I'm planning on getting a 4TB hard drive soon. External hard drives also cut down on loading times.

This the the Hard Drive I'm planning to get:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A0HZUB2

This is a guide about hard drives for the One. I suggest read up on this before you buy one:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-upgrade-guide
---
hey foo
hey foo
#18SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 8/14/2014 6:33:33 PM
An update is on the way to address accents. You'll be able to go to your kinect settings and choose an accent. Even without the update, I have an Ausie friend with a pretty thick Ausie accent who doesn't have to repeat himself to the XBOX One any more often than I have to.

Background noise is the only thing that makes the Kinect have a hard time hearing you. If you do the initial setup right, you can have your TV and suround sound up pretty high for the TV that is hooked up to the One, but if you have another TV in the room with the volume fairly high or kids running around screaming you may have to repeat your voice commands a bit.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#19leezy1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 6:37:20 AM
appreciate it guys. these answers were very helpful.

i will be looking into a new hardrive as well.

i do have one more question.

after the xbox 1 reformats my hd can i still put other stuff on it, then plug it back into my xbox1 without it reformatting it again?
#20Cows Go HisssssPosted 8/15/2014 9:48:27 PM
leezy1 posted...
appreciate it guys. these answers were very helpful.

i will be looking into a new hardrive as well.

i do have one more question.

after the xbox 1 reformats my hd can i still put other stuff on it, then plug it back into my xbox1 without it reformatting it again?

You need to reformat your hard drive for the computer. It can only be a PC hard drive, or an Xbox One hard drive. Not both.

Instructions to reformat hard drive to the PC:

http://www.hgst.com/support/faqs/my-external-hard-drive-not-recognized-my-computer
---
hey foo
hey foo