Halo Series total: 57.37 million Uncharted series total: 18.71 million

#41peephole303Posted 8/13/2014 9:37:04 PM
destiny1990 posted...
it is the same thing bro

companies care about your money

i care about the companies product

it is called a commercial exchange

exchange compensation for goods or services which you will then want to use, enjoy, and tell your friends/gaming community about and promote just like how everyone does in life

i cant tell if you are a shill.... someones Alt.... or a deluded fanboy.
---
PSN ID: Peephole303/ Timezone PST
Before you attack my grammar I am a Dyslexic
#42phineasfoolPosted 8/13/2014 9:37:58 PM
peephole303 posted...
destiny1990 posted...
it is the same thing bro

exchange compensation for goods or services which you will then want to use, enjoy, and tell your friends/gaming community about and promote just like how everyone does in life

Maybe he's all 3.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#43VoidBeyondPosted 8/13/2014 9:38:22 PM
peephole303 posted...
destiny1990 posted...
it is the same thing bro

Definitely someones alt. A shill isn't this stupid and a fanboy, while they are stupid, still isn't this deluded.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#44StoneColdPlayaPosted 8/13/2014 9:54:48 PM
Lets ignore the fact that Halo 4, the most recently released of the series, has sold 9.1m compared to Gran Turismo 6's 2.4m.
---
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.
#45Shik_stickPosted 8/13/2014 10:11:08 PM
destiny1990 posted...
Sony's biggest franchise is 1/3 the size of the Halo Franchise.

With Halo MCC and next year Halo 5 coming out, Xbox is about to get a massive boost.

This is not an opinion. These are sales number of both these respective franchises and it shows that Sony does not have an answer for Halo. Simple as that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=halo&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=uncharted

Yet uncharted 2(not to mention TLOU) won more awards and garnered more praise and acclaim than ANY of the Halo games combined.

Also, judging by this boards general attitude, sales don't matter. Oh that's right...those numbers only matter when they're in favor of MS, yeah?
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#46vashkeyPosted 8/13/2014 10:18:44 PM
vgchartz=pointless. It's unofficial and has no means of tracking digital sales. It's guesswork

regardless, anyone could have told you Halo has sold more game. The series more popular, it's been around longer and there are more Halo games.

So what's the point? Sales doesn't even indicate quality and this is coming from a hardcore Halo fan.
#47vashkeyPosted 8/13/2014 10:23:21 PM
Shik_stick posted...
destiny1990 posted...
Sony's biggest franchise is 1/3 the size of the Halo Franchise.

With Halo MCC and next year Halo 5 coming out, Xbox is about to get a massive boost.

This is not an opinion. These are sales number of both these respective franchises and it shows that Sony does not have an answer for Halo. Simple as that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=halo&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=uncharted

Yet uncharted 2(not to mention TLOU) won more awards and garnered more praise and acclaim than ANY of the Halo games combined.

Also, judging by this boards general attitude, sales don't matter. Oh that's right...those numbers only matter when they're in favor of MS, yeah?

Just stop. both Halo 1 and 2 garnered many game of the year awards. Just stop. Both sold well, both won many awards. They're different games with different agendas. Just because you might enjoy one more than the other doesn't mean it's not without merit.
#48vashkeyPosted 8/13/2014 10:29:00 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Far as the topic goes, Sony's exclusives sell less because there are a lot more of a selection of exclusives to buy from. With Xbox, you really only have Halo, Gears and Forza, less choice means shoehorned choice.

That's what people say until a Last of Us and a Gran Turismo come out.

The xbox and Playstation libraries are nearly identicle. It has nothing to do with one having a great selection of exclusive. It's all about quality and accessibility. When Call of Duty and GTA are both selling tens of millions on both platforms the argument that the line up of one consoles game's make any impact on the sales ceases to have validity.

For all intent and purposes the demographics of the two consoles are the same..
#49Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/13/2014 10:32:14 PM
vashkey posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Far as the topic goes, Sony's exclusives sell less because there are a lot more of a selection of exclusives to buy from. With Xbox, you really only have Halo, Gears and Forza, less choice means shoehorned choice.

The xbox and Playstation libraries are nearly identicle. It has nothing to do with one having a great selection of exclusive. It's all about quality and accessibility. When Call of Duty and GTA are both selling tens of millions on both platforms the argument that the line up of one consoles game's make any impact on the sales ceases to have validity.

What?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

Tell me, which console has more exclusives to choose from other than those Kinect failed games?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#50vashkeyPosted 8/13/2014 10:50:33 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
vashkey posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

What?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation)

Tell me, which console has more exclusives to choose from other than those Kinect failed games?

You can argue exclusive all day, it doesn't change the fact that the 360 and PS3 libraries as a whole are nearly identical. It also doesn't change the fact that games sell more on marketing and acceptability rather than what other exclusive title also happens to be on the system.

Killzone and ratchet and clank didn't stop Uncharted from outselling Halo. It's due to a slew of other reason, such as Halo being an established franchise, it's more multiplayer oriented design and being a fps just to name a few bigger reasons.

Get off the fanboy wars bullsht. I could care less which sells better, really.