Halo Series total: 57.37 million Uncharted series total: 18.71 million

#61a687947Posted 8/14/2014 12:45:58 AM
Sabram posted...
a687947 posted...
Sabram posted...
a687947 posted...
blablablax17 posted...

Came in to say this.

Gran turismo has been around for 4 years longer than halo, and halo 3 and 4 alone have outsold the entire uncharted franchise at around 21 million, not to mention odst and reach which would put those four games over 30 million vs the 18.7 million for four uncharted games.

I remember when Halo 2 and 3 released, those games were marketed to all kinds of ridiculousness. A huge percentage of Microsoft's Xbox advertising money had to have gone just to those games in the years they released. Not to mention MS buying into MLG to have Halo be one of the flagship games for it, that also created a huge sales push for people that wanted to practice for or be in tournaments and possibly earn those huge prizes. Those prizes BTW, were partially sponsored by MS as well.

Then you have games like The Last of Us, which was marketed nicely, but not shoved in your face everywhere. Goes on to sell 7m copies in a year (not counting Remaster). If it keeps trending well the PS3 version of the game just may outsell Halo 3 or 4. Pretty good for a new IP eh?

It's still 2 million away from halo 4 and 5 million away from halo 3, it's doubtful that it will outsell either

Uhhh, maybe in 6 more years it will, considering Halo 3 has been on the market for 7 years. I don't doubt that TLoU will sell 2m more in the next year just on PS3. Although I would put TloU Remastered at a higher chance to outsell Halo 3, since more people will be moving onto PS4 and likely would pick that up with it, considering all the praise it's gotten.

In any case, Compare new IP to new IP, TLoU + Remastered is very close to outselling the original Halo + Anniversary if the press release about TLoU:R selling 1.5m is to believed.

You act like halo doesn't sell any more copies at all, it might not be selling dramatically but people still buy it every week. If you include the remaster in sales then you have to include the master chief collection as well when it releases since it contains halo 3 and 4. Also with digital sales halo 3 is at 14.5 million, with halo 4 supposedly passing it in sales last year, at least in the US

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-halo-4-top-seller
#62HurtHealAccountPosted 8/14/2014 12:50:19 AM
I dont really give a **** actually. and the fact that you care so much that you did all this math is sad.
---
I'm not gonna give you love just 'cause I know that you want me to
If you want love the love's gotta come from you
#63orestes1981Posted 8/14/2014 12:51:37 AM
I will cut out all of the offshoots:

GT---10.95 million
GT2--9.49 million
GT3--14.98 million
GT4--11.66 million
GT5--10.9 million
GT6--2.39

Total: 60.37 million

vs

Halo-----6.43 million
Halo 2---8.49 million
Halo 3---11.92 million
Halo 4---9.08 million
Halo Reach--9.58 million

Total: 45.5 million

60.37 / 6 = Avg. 10.06 million per release (Gran Turismo)

vs

45.5 / 5 = Avg. 9.1 million per release (Halo)

Happy?
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#64orestes1981Posted 8/14/2014 12:52:49 AM
HurtHealAccount posted...
I dont really give a **** actually. and the fact that you care so much that you did all this math is sad.

Sad that I use my brain? Your statement alone speaks volumes about your lot in life.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#65HurtHealAccountPosted 8/14/2014 12:53:49 AM
well i still dont care. but when Halo MCC and 5 come out, Halo will be leading, especially if GT continues its downward spiral
---
#66HurtHealAccountPosted 8/14/2014 12:55:15 AM
also you seem really angry. you should take a nap
---
#67orestes1981Posted 8/14/2014 12:58:29 AM
well i still dont care. but when Halo MCC and 5 come out, Halo will be leading, especially if GT continues its downward spiral

It will be leading?

Considering the Xbox one sales to date sites around 5 million, every xbox one owner would have to buy three copies of Halo 5 for it to count.

If you are going to count Halo MCC, then they will have to buy 10 million of Halo MCC (2 copies per xbox one) and 10 million of Halo 5 just to have the same impact as Gran Turismo.

Sorry, I used my brain again to show that your point is unrealistic because the Xbox One is dead in the water.
---
-Bill Maher
#68orestes1981Posted 8/14/2014 12:59:56 AM
also you seem really angry. you should take a nap

Actually, anger is a more primitive function. Considering you railed against me for using my brain, I think you need to get your own house in order before you judge anyone else.
---
-Bill Maher
#69HurtHealAccountPosted 8/14/2014 1:01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/067JD.gif
---
#70orestes1981Posted 8/14/2014 1:02:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/067JD.gif

You should just take my advice. It will make your life so much easier.
---
-Bill Maher