Why is buying more than one console such a Foreign concept for some gamers.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is buying more than one console such a Foreign concept for some gamers.
1 year ago#1
Its like someone is pointing a gun at their head and saying your not allowed to own more than one console. Anyone with a job could easily buy one console a year. People with good jobs could buy all 3 in in one year
1 year ago#2
Holy crap, someone hadn't taken that name yet? Woowwweeee.

On topic, because they are either too much of a fanboy to "betray" a company that see's them as dollar signs or because they could and just don't want to and would rather ruin another persons message board by flooding into it to troll.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
1 year ago#3
I have owned PS1/Xbox/PS2 and Xbox 360/PS3 and Xbox1/PS4 at the same time. So much easier to buy both machines and just enjoy playing games.
1 year ago#4
uniquebadger posted...
So much easier to buy both machines and just enjoy playing games.

Also this
---
1 year ago#5
I own all three right now--but two are basically redundant so I will be selling one of them at some point.

It doesn't make sense to me to own a console for one or two exclusives that I might want to play.
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
1 year ago#6
Because I don't have money to blow on multiple consoles that don't have any games yet. I'll buy a PS4 when it offers more than Infamous and The Fanboys of Us. Silent Hills looks good, as does Until Dawn.

I wouldn't have bought an Xbox One in the first place if it didn't have the multimedia stuff and Kinect, because then it'd just be a PS4 - a games system with no games yet.
---
Trey Songz #1 Fan!
Charity_Diary
1 year ago#7
quincy2000a posted...
I own all three right now--but two are basically redundant so I will be selling one of them at some point.

It doesn't make sense to me to own a console for one or two exclusives that I might want to play.

When you first came to this board, you seemed okay and logical but your posts lately are often trolly and kind shill like, not this one though.

Why would you buy all three knowing that most games for them would be multiplat? Did you not have the foresight to realize this seeing how many multiplat games there were on the PS3/360?
---
1 year ago#8
Some see it as a needless expenditure when 98% of the games are more or less identical.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
1 year ago#9
VoidBeyond posted...
Holy crap, someone hadn't taken that name yet? Woowwweeee.

On topic, because they are either too much of a fanboy to "betray" a company that see's them as dollar signs or because they could and just don't want to and would rather ruin another persons message board by flooding into it to troll.

Yeah I was surpise too
1 year ago#10
VoidBeyond posted...
When you first came to this board, you seemed okay and logical but your posts lately are often trolly and kind shill like, not this one though.

Not to be confrontational...and off topic...but...I totally disagree with your assessment of me. My sig and quote have basically described how I have always felt and that has not changed.

VoidBeyond posted...
Why would you buy all three knowing that most games for them would be multiplat? Did you not have the foresight to realize this seeing how many multiplat games there were on the PS3/360?

And this response may void the "not this one though" part of your statement--

I can afford the consoles but planned to get only one, either the X1 or PS4, because most of the games I want to play are multiplats and I just don't have the time to justify both. (Though I did find myself purchasing a Wii U also.) I bought the X1 because, even though I still own a PS3 and 360, I preferred Microsoft in previous years. But after the Kinect debacle and seeing for myself how the PS4 typically handled multiplats better graphically, I bought a PS4 also.

The plan now is to keep the PS4 and sell the X1 at some point.
---
Microsoft Xbox One quote from May 2013 "We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment player."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is buying more than one console such a Foreign concept for some gamers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived