Why is buying more than one console such a Foreign concept for some gamers.

#11VoidBeyondPosted 8/13/2014 8:46:55 PM
quincy2000a posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
When you first came to this board, you seemed okay and logical but your posts lately are often trolly and kind shill like, not this one though.

Not to be confrontational...and off topic...but...I totally disagree with your assessment of me. My sig and quote have basically described how I have always felt and that has not changed.

VoidBeyond posted...
Why would you buy all three knowing that most games for them would be multiplat? Did you not have the foresight to realize this seeing how many multiplat games there were on the PS3/360?

And this response may void the "not this one though" part of your statement--

I can afford the consoles but planned to get only one, either the X1 or PS4, because most of the games I want to play are multiplats and I just don't have the time to justify both. (Though I did find myself purchasing a Wii U also.) I bought the X1 because, even though I still own a PS3 and 360, I preferred Microsoft in previous years. But after the Kinect debacle and seeing for myself how the PS4 typically handled multiplats better graphically, I bought a PS4 also.

The plan now is to keep the PS4 and sell the X1 at some point.

No, it didn't void it. You gave your reasoning and you were logical about it. You weren't an *** and I understand. *thumbs up*
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#12IceHuskyPosted 8/13/2014 8:48:17 PM
I only want one console. I don't want to waste my life playing games for every single console out there. Besides, by owning a single console, it means I can buy more games for the console that I do own instead of trying to buy games over multiple consoles. I've never liked being a multi-console owner in a single generation. I was a Atari 2600 gamer in the early 80s, a NES gamer in the mid-80s, a SNES gamer in the early 90s, a PSX gamer in the mid-90s, a DC-gamer in the late-90s, a PS2 gamer in early 2000's, a PS3 gamer in the mid-2000's and now an Xbox One gamer. I just like it that way.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
I miss you Dad: 1943 - 2004
#13leelee3105Posted 8/13/2014 8:50:17 PM
I can't bring myself to use the God awful controllers on PlayStation or Wii. Must be how pc guys feel about all console controllers though
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#14Shik_stickPosted 8/13/2014 9:04:08 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Holy crap, someone hadn't taken that name yet? Woowwweeee.

On topic, because they are either too much of a fanboy to "betray" a company that see's them as dollar signs or because they could and just don't want to and would rather ruin another persons message board by flooding into it to troll.

Or maybe somebody just doesn't want to support a company that blatantly lies, insults it's consumers and tries to enact business practices that are so clearly anti-consumer all the while claiming that they are the very best at what they do and thinking they should be worshiped?

Ya know what....no, you're right. It's just fanboys. I mean i could NEVER be anti Microsoft for any reasons other than being just a silly fanboy. I'm a blind, brand loyal fanboy even though this is the FIRST home console to be created since the NES that i have not owned. But it can't be because MS is so despicable....oh no....it's because of my inner fanboy.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#15leelee3105Posted 8/13/2014 9:06:01 PM
Shik_stick posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

On topic, because they are either too much of a fanboy to "betray" a company that see's them as dollar signs or because they could and just don't want to and would rather ruin another persons message board by flooding into it to troll.

Or maybe somebody just doesn't want to support a company that blatantly lies, insults it's consumers and tries to enact business practices that are so clearly anti-consumer all the while claiming that they are the very best at what they do and thinking they should be worshiped?

Ya know what....no, you're right. It's just fanboys. I mean i could NEVER be anti Microsoft for any reasons other than being just a silly fanboy. I'm a blind, brand loyal fanboy even though this is the FIRST home console to be created since the NES that i have not owned. But it can't be because MS is so despicable....oh no....it's because of my inner fanboy.

You sound super salty bro. Which Xbox game are you jealous of?
---
12 August 2014 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT je suisLe juif () Controller/online/games>>resolution
#16VoidBeyondPosted 8/13/2014 9:06:29 PM
Shik_stick posted...
VoidBeyond posted...

Thank you for proving my point about trolls.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#17Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 8/13/2014 9:07:25 PM
attack on titan is corny as hell
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#18TenzhiPosted 8/13/2014 9:29:36 PM
I find that if I have more than one console I still end up using one to the near-exclusion of all the others. Ergo acquiring others seems largely pointless, especially when the others are offering me little more than the one I have.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#19MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/13/2014 9:31:30 PM
AttackOnTitan posted...
Its like someone is pointing a gun at their head and saying your not allowed to own more than one console. Anyone with a job could easily buy one console a year. People with good jobs could buy all 3 in in one year

I think a lot of gamers are disgusted by what Sony tried to pull at E3. Since then they've lied about a lot of things then had to face the music when gamers called them out on it.

I am all for buying all consoles, as I'm a true Gamer and the official Wolverine of the Xbox One boards... But I cannot forgive Sony for what they've done and their less powerful system.

Besides Microsoft has claimed the greatest game this gen...

SUNSET OVERDRIVE, YEAH BABY!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#20kyncaniPosted 8/13/2014 10:05:44 PM
I have all current gen consoles as well.

But I can understand how everyone is just buying a PS4, it's just better than the Xbox One ( games, hardware, online, prices, ... ).