Why is buying more than one console such a Foreign concept for some gamers.

#21IzanamlPosted 8/14/2014 12:33:54 AM
leelee3105 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
Holy crap, someone hadn't taken that name yet? Woowwweeee.

On topic, because they are either too much of a fanboy to "betray" a company that see's them as dollar signs or because they could and just don't want to and would rather ruin another persons message board by flooding into it to troll.

Or maybe somebody just doesn't want to support a company that blatantly lies, insults it's consumers and tries to enact business practices that are so clearly anti-consumer all the while claiming that they are the very best at what they do and thinking they should be worshiped?

Ya know what....no, you're right. It's just fanboys. I mean i could NEVER be anti Microsoft for any reasons other than being just a silly fanboy. I'm a blind, brand loyal fanboy even though this is the FIRST home console to be created since the NES that i have not owned. But it can't be because MS is so despicable....oh no....it's because of my inner fanboy.

You sound super salty bro. Which Xbox game are you jealous of?

Rise of the Tomb Raider for me. Oh wait. Not an exclusive.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself"- Arcana V The Hierophant
#22UnhelpfulNPCPosted 8/14/2014 1:28:31 AM
I have an enough-paying job that I can pick up a PS4 in addition to my WiiU & XB1, but I won't. Yet. Not because I hate Sony or love MS like I would a space deity or anything like that, but because I don't have the time to play all the games for all three. I might pick one up in a year or two, when there will be exclusives compelling enough to me.

As for another reason folks who can buy multiple console and don't, could be that they just don't want it because they only like the one they have or dislike its rival. Would a Yankees fan buy Red Sox gear?
#23nableetPosted 8/14/2014 2:08:44 AM
Time

Working full time with a 1.5 year-old to look after doesn't leave enough time for one console, let alone 2 or 3. I have a 5 game backlog on the PS4 - even though it "has no games" - so buying more consoles and more games would be silly at this point.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#24RS_YELARAKAPosted 8/14/2014 2:12:42 AM
I see it as a waste of cash. Id never have time for 2 consoles either.

I guess if you play video games a lot it might be worth it. But I have a life outside of gaming.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA
#25schmarkenheimerPosted 8/14/2014 2:14:53 AM
I don't know. It's fanboys I suppose.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#26Exodus_PrimePosted 8/14/2014 6:37:56 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
Holy crap, someone hadn't taken that name yet? Woowwweeee.

On topic, because they are either too much of a fanboy to "betray" a company that see's them as dollar signs or because they could and just don't want to and would rather ruin another persons message board by flooding into it to troll.

This right here.

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#27spacejamjordanzPosted 8/14/2014 7:09:00 AM
There are many realistic, and understandable reasons that many choose to only own one. It's not a bad thing. Some don't have the time to invest in video games to justify it. Video games may not be that much of a priority over other things in life. One console may be sufficient to suit their needs. Every gamer doesn't have the burning desire to play every single game out there.

What I have a problem with are the obnoxious jerks who swear up and down that there is nothing worthwhile on a console they don't own. They get so caught up in these companies that couldn't care less if they lived or died, that even older people behave like children. It's a sad thing to watch.

I don't own a Wii U, but even I know there is good gaming to be had there.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#28regsantotomasPosted 8/14/2014 7:12:45 AM
There isn't a singular correct solution that applies across the board. Sometimes being a multiconsole/PC owner makes sense and for others it doesn't.

What IS universally silly is the attitude that someone else's purchasing decision should bother you in any way.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain