About why tomb raider timed exclusive.

#1GothmogzPosted 8/13/2014 9:56:18 PM
Remember sony selling their square enix stocks months ago?, maybe something is coming from it, seems like a feud or something.

That's my theory, 10 houres of PT made me think of theories everywhere.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#2EnclavePosted 8/13/2014 9:57:43 PM
Not a feud, Squenix even did a press release saying that they were fine with Sony selling, they viewed it as helping Sony the same way Sony helped them when they were having financial issues.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#3Homie_202Posted 8/13/2014 9:58:18 PM
More them likely MS rolled up to square or crystal with stack of cash.
#4EnclavePosted 8/13/2014 9:59:04 PM
Homie_202 posted...

Squenix is the publisher so they would have had to go to them.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 8/13/2014 10:02:00 PM
Enclave posted...
Homie_202 posted...

Pretty much. CD could have been totally against the idea but they wouldn't be able to do or say **** against the will of Square-Enix..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6Homie_202Posted 8/13/2014 11:27:33 PM
Enclave posted...
Homie_202 posted...

Yea that's why I said square or crystal.
#7Papi010Posted 8/14/2014 12:28:35 AM
Sounds like it's not timed.

Crystal Dynamics’ head of product development Darrell Gallagher made the announcement at Gamescom 2014 today, and lest you wonder if “coming holiday 2015, exclusively to Xbox” means a timed-exclusive, with the game eventually rounding the bend for rival platforms, it sounds like that’s not the case (and that it is indeed Xbox-only forever).

http://time.com/3104132/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-only/
#8vashkeyPosted 8/14/2014 12:33:38 AM
It's really not. Sony and Square still have a good relationship. The game industry isn't a high school level drama or a soap, despite what some fanboys would have you believe.

Microsoft made Square an offer and whatever that offer was Square deemed good enough to grant Microsoft temporary exclusivity.
#9Gothmogz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 12:46:03 AM
vashkey posted...
It's really not. Sony and Square still have a good relationship. The game industry isn't a high school level drama or a soap, despite what some fanboys would have you believe.

Microsoft made Square an offer and whatever that offer was Square deemed good enough to grant Microsoft temporary exclusivity.

Well, I've read about every book about videogames and computer history from arcades to nintendo to the making of the 360, and yes, its full of drama and secret deals and twists.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#10jairusmonillasPosted 8/14/2014 1:00:18 AM
Can you really blame Sony for pulling out stocks? Square Enix has been mediocre with latest installments of Final Fantasy. Only god knows when they will release KH3 and FFXV. SE has been making dumb decisions for almost a decade now.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM