Has anyone ever run into Amazon pre ordering shipping delays?

#1RuinerEraserPosted 8/14/2014 2:18:26 AM
So I have Diablo 3 UEE on pre order at Amazon...I got an amazong deal on it! (35 bucks new after taxes and shipping) I have priority shipping which is 1-2 days or same day if they can swing it...however the estimated date it will be at my door is the 26-27th instead of the 19th..

I talked to customer service and they said that it was just a place holder date until they can make sure I get a copy in 1-2 days. She didn't really seem very confident about her answer..I really want this game on the 19th as me and my buddy have booked the days off work to play all day but I don't want to spend 69.99 plus taxes to get it.

So my question to you guys is what are the odds that I get the game in 1-2 days fromt the release date and if I do indeed get it a week later, do I get refunded on my priority shipping?

Cheers!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#2matt-nicklinPosted 8/14/2014 2:34:12 AM
Buy it then return the amazon copy to the store you bought it from.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#3RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 2:35:14 AM
matt-nicklin posted...
Buy it then return the amazon copy to the store you bought it from.

Damn...good thinking lol!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#4Sirhc5509Posted 8/14/2014 3:28:24 AM
Honestly, only issue with Amazon pre-order same day was with the xbox one console itself, we had 3 ordered for people in our home, and two arrived and one didn't because for some reason it left the same warehouse at the same time but decided to take a train here instead.
#5suicide machinePosted 8/14/2014 6:26:32 AM
there was only one out of dozens where amazon got it to me late, when i preordered with release day arrival.

that was with ea mma for the 360... which in the end... i probably could've done without, in the first place.
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
GT: M Slender | Xb1 vids: http://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#6miethaPosted 8/14/2014 6:35:30 AM
With systems/components? Yes, almost always. With games? No, never.
#7kidwgmPosted 8/14/2014 6:58:27 AM
Never had an issue with preordering games. Heck they accidentally sent us a third day one edition console free on release day!
---
Currently Playing: Wolfenstien, Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Godus iOS.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)