MS showcased XB1 games.. on PC, once again

#31SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 6:00:28 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

InjusticeReborn posted...

Are you suggesting the Xbox isn't capable of playing Ori?

Nope, I'm pointing out that the hardware they're using to demonstrate their games is different from the hardware that the Xbox One actually has.

There is no doubt that they're using better hardware for these demos, different hardware at the least (Nvidia GPU) meaning that it's basically false advertising.

Oh right. So all of this is about Microsoft being stupidly caught out, whilst Sony remains undiscovered?

I mean, I'd be surprised if WiLD was on a PS4. And it didn't have any small print indicating what was shown wasn't representative of PS4 gameplay/visuals, did it?

Pretty much.

It's always Microsoft that gets caught with these things, though.
As I said before in another post: this sort of thing shouldn't be acceptable from any company.

Fact that people go out of their way to defend this sort of thing, which is basically lying to your face, is ridiculous.

They never said or implied the Wild footage was running on a ps4, just that it was in-game footage.

If they're demoing the game anywhere and have running PS4s underneath the screens, it would be just as awful.

Do post pictures if you have them, I'll say the exact same thing.
#32Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 6:01:31 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
No, theyr'e not. It's called advertising. They have XBOs at every screen because they sell XBOs. They exist to put the image in people's minds just as any other piece of advertising

You can't seriously claim that having those Xboxes underneath the screens and turned on does not imply the games are running on those machines.You even agree that they do this to put the image into people's mind.The image that these games are running on those consoles.Fact that you're defending this, means you're okay with it.

So I ask you to point out where I said it's ok that they're lying to our faces and you point to the part of my post where I clearly stated they're not only not lying but just putting XBOs in display cases because they're advertising the XBO.... You know... Xbox One? That system they make??? No?

You're such a bad troll Soul Trapper... What are you going to do when school is back in? How will you entertain yourself when that bus for the 8th grade shows up again at 7am?
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#33regs8376Posted 8/14/2014 6:05:14 AM(edited)
lol if you honestly think they were there for advertising and not deception you are an idiot. It is not okay for anyone to do it. That goes for Sony and Nintendo as well.
#34SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 6:09:59 AM(edited)
Sniper_Brosef posted...

So I ask you to point out where I said it's ok that they're lying to our faces and you point to the part of my post where I clearly stated they're not only not lying but just putting XBOs in display cases because they're advertising the XBO.... You know... Xbox One? That system they make??? No?

You're such a bad troll Soul Trapper... What are you going to do when school is back in? How will you entertain yourself when that bus for the 8th grade shows up again at 7am?

Let's look at the facts, there are only 4, so you should be able to keep up:

1.The game is running on a PC
2.Microsoft tucked the PC away, so people can't see that it's running on a PC
3.There are Xbox One's, turned on, underneath the screens showing the games, making it look like the game is running on an xbox instead of a PC
4.You defend this, so you think this is okay.

Conclusion:

Again, it's quite simply false advertising and lying to people right in their face.
#35trenkenPosted 8/14/2014 6:10:22 AM(edited)
Weird because fyi, every single ps4 game is made on a pc, and is often displayed on pcs. Im not sure if you realized this or not, but the ps4 and x1 have pc components in them.

LOLOLOL this board... how many salty sony fans are here freaking pissed about how their gamescom went? Its delicious :)
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#36Crystyn_7BPosted 8/14/2014 6:11:33 AM
So did Arkham Knight during Sony's E3 press conference but I didn't see TC raise a fuss back then.
---
GT:Schreckstoff PSN: JudasInHell
Destiny Clan: Inquisition (http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/164812)
#37trenkenPosted 8/14/2014 6:12:11 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Let's look at the facts, there are only 4, so you should be able to keep up:

1.The game is running on a PC
3.There are Xbox One's, turned on, underneath the screens showing the games, making it look like the game is running on an xbox instead of a PC
4.You defend this, so you think this is okay.

Conclusion:

Again, it's quite simply false advertising and lying to people right in their face.

Standard practice for games that are unfinished. FYI, they are made on PCs! Sony does this too, and its perfectly normal and ok.

Keep digging. Must suck to own a console that has so little going on that they spent their entire gamescom showing indie titles. Lets hear about the AAA games coming to the ps4 this year. Oh, woops, there is NONE! Meanwhile the x1 has sunset overdrive, forza, 4 halo games...
---
PS3 | CygnusZero
#38Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 6:13:01 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

This is where you're wrong... I'll try one more time because I'm bored and there's nothing to do at work today. The PCs are tucked away because they're not selling PCs. They sell XBOs. This has been standard practice since the original Xbox came out and both Sony and Microsoft do things this way. It's not misleading in the slightest. The PCs are used for development and then the software is moved to PS4/XBO for final cert/testing.

Cue you ignoring these facts and posting otherwise because you find this to be negative towards the Xbox One in 3, 2, 1...
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#39trenkenPosted 8/14/2014 6:13:35 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
So did Arkham Knight during Sony's E3 press conference but I didn't see TC raise a fuss back then.

They conveniently only point out when ms does this but sony does it at every single event for UNFINISHED games! This has literally been going on for decades at events by every company on earth. Forgive them, things havent been so good lately over there.
---
PS3 | CygnusZero
#40PannerPosted 8/14/2014 6:16:32 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
So?? PC belongs to Microsoft. Boom!!! Owned big time !

how, In what shape or form does Microsoft OWN PC? Please tell me.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3