MS showcased XB1 games.. on PC, once again

#41Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 6:17:48 AM
trenken posted...
They conveniently only point out when ms does this but sony does it at every single event for UNFINISHED games!

That's because this article is relying on the pettiness of messsage board trolls to earn them advertising money by releasing a s****y click bait article. The really sad thing is that the trolls aren't trolling anyone but themselves as they're being used as unpaid marketers for some "news site" which has no shred of integrity.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#42SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 6:24:31 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
2.Microsoft tucked the PC away, so people can't see that it's running on a PC

This is where you're wrong... I'll try one more time because I'm bored and there's nothing to do at work today. The PCs are tucked away because they're not selling PCs. They sell XBOs. This has been standard practice since the original Xbox came out and both Sony and Microsoft do things this way. It's not misleading in the slightest. The PCs are used for development and then the software is moved to PS4/XBO for final cert/testing.

Cue you ignoring these facts and posting otherwise because you find this to be negative towards the Xbox One in 3, 2, 1...

If that was the case, they would hide the logo on the screens as well "because they're not there to sell TVs". They don't.

They deliberately hide the PCs to make it seem like the games are running on Xboxes, hence why they're turned on.
If they were merely there for advertising, there would be no reason to turn them on.

It is misleading, because they're using hardware much better than what the console actually has. Which means the games will look better then what they'll look like in reality.

It's irrelevant that this is standard practice, it's a lie.
#43Tajaz2426Posted 8/14/2014 6:25:23 AM
Yeah I don't care what any of you say if Sony and Microsoft are using PCs to show games, that is absolutely false advertising.

As we have seen neither Sony nor the X1 can keep up with a PC, so the game you are seeing is not what you are going to be playing. For gods sake the X1 can't even run a golf simulator at 1080p.

Is this ok with you people? If these companies are doing this and you guys are saying it is ok, you are just fanboys to the extreme.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#44SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 6:26:45 AM
trenken posted...

Standard practice for games that are unfinished. FYI, they are made on PCs! Sony does this too, and its perfectly normal and ok.

Keep digging. Must suck to own a console that has so little going on that they spent their entire gamescom showing indie titles. Lets hear about the AAA games coming to the ps4 this year. Oh, woops, there is NONE! Meanwhile the x1 has sunset overdrive, forza, 4 halo games...

The problem isn't that they're running on PCs, the problem is that they're hiding this fact.

Ori is a game for both Xbox and PC, they could just show the game running on PC and ad that the game will be coming to Xbox as well. Instead they choose to hide this and pretend the game is running on an xbox.

It's straight up lying to your face, no matter what company does this.
#45Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 6:28:55 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
If that was the case, they would hide the logo on the screens as well "because they're not there to sell TVs". They don't.

Right... Because there is no way they partner with that specific TV manufacturer for their gaming conferences... It's almost like you're 6 years old!
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#46MurryEB_Alt1Posted 8/14/2014 6:31:26 AM
If there's one thing Microsoft needs to do, it's update those NVIDIA drivers
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#47Tajaz2426Posted 8/14/2014 6:34:10 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Right... Because there is no way they partner with that specific TV manufacturer for their gaming conferences... It's almost like you're 6 years old!

Listen dude, you are saying it is ok for companies to bald face lie to your face, the game you are seeing isn't going to come to the X1.

Sony and MS are lying if they are doing this. Why are you defending this? Are you a fanboy that bends over for a company and just says, "well that's the way it is"?

It is plain and simple false advertising to the consumer, they had X1's sitting there to trick people that don't know any better into thinking that is how good the game will look.

Stop being a fanboy for one second and realize that is BS no matter what company is doing it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#48SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 6:39:07 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

And there's no way they could make a deal with AMD to do the same for their PCs, right?

Seriously, your attempts at making this seem like it's okay are pathetic.

They're lying to your face and you think it's okay because they've been doing it for years.
Complacency is poison.
#49DanE4764Posted 8/14/2014 6:41:12 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
No, theyr'e not. It's called advertising. They have XBOs at every screen because they sell XBOs. They exist to put the image in people's minds just as any other piece of advertising

You can't seriously claim that having those Xboxes underneath the screens and turned on does not imply the games are running on those machines.You even agree that they do this to put the image into people's mind.The image that these games are running on those consoles.Fact that you're defending this, means you're okay with it.

So I ask you to point out where I said it's ok that they're lying to our faces and you point to the part of my post where I clearly stated they're not only not lying but just putting XBOs in display cases because they're advertising the XBO.... You know... Xbox One? That system they make??? No?

You're such a bad troll Soul Trapper... What are you going to do when school is back in? How will you entertain yourself when that bus for the 8th grade shows up again at 7am?

Dude shut up. You were caught with your pants down just like Microsoft, you lost. You were clearly implying that it was okay, and now you're backtracking like a clown.
#50smerf1Posted 8/14/2014 6:41:21 AM
sanas_thiritu posted...
So?? PC belongs to Microsoft. Boom!!! Owned big time !

I think you mean Windows.