MS showcased XB1 games.. on PC, once again

#51carljenkPosted 8/14/2014 7:41:45 AM
Wow that's false advertisement. They will be sued soon I think.
#52benjimainPosted 8/14/2014 7:42:48 AM
smerf1 posted...
I think you mean Windows.

Yup. Even then, MS only gets a one-time fee (the OS sale) and in a lot of cases, PC gamers are so tech savvy, they get their Windows free. So MS gets nothing. All this without the impending Steam OS that will trounce Windows in terms of gaming if it runs Steam's entire library without hiccup.
#53UtterMoonPosted 8/14/2014 7:47:32 AM
Strange how it bothers no one that what was shown at Gamescom isn't what you will be seeing on the Xbone...that MS is trying to trick people into believing that their games look better than they actually do...but I guess at this point most people just don't care anyone...which is cool I suppose.
#54Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 7:57:08 AM
Tajaz2426 posted...
Listen dude, you are saying it is ok for companies to bald face lie to your face, the game you are seeing isn't going to come to the X1. Sony and MS are lying if they are doing this. Why are you defending this? Are you a fanboy that bends over for a company and just says, "well that's the way it is"?

I'm not saying it's ok to "bald face lie to my face," seriously guys Hooked on Phonics is useful! I'm saying that these are dev kits... This is how game developing progresses! You develop on PC and move to consoles near the end of the dev cycle for final optimization. That's it. End of story... The fact that you and Soul Trapper cannot comprehend this fact is rather telling. You're either incredibly ignorant on these matters or you're looking to troll.

SoulTrapper posted...
And there's no way they could make a deal with AMD to do the same for their PCs, right?

Microsoft doesn't make PCs... Are you serious with this???
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#55Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 7:59:21 AM
DanE4764 posted...
You were clearly implying that it was okay, and now you're backtracking like a clown.

Of course it's ok. I haven't backtracked from that because there is nothing to backtrack from... Dev kits are PCs. That's what they've been for decades... You develop on PC and at the end of the dev cycle you move to console for final optimization. There is nothing sinister going on here...
---
#56InjusticeRebornPosted 8/14/2014 8:05:02 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

They never said or implied the Wild footage was running on a ps4, just that it was in-game footage.

If they're demoing the game anywhere and have running PS4s underneath the screens, it would be just as awful.

Do post pictures if you have them, I'll say the exact same thing.

I'm not suggesting you would say anything different if the shoe is on the other foot.

I haven't the foggiest of what was playable on the PS4 side of things after the show, I only saw trailers. At the moment I'm looking for info on this SharePlay thing after Apex mentioned it, again (which reminded me I wanted to look into it before). :P

Though I do agree with you that there is indeed PC's running Ori at the demo stalls, you can't seriously suggest that they have a row of screens and blatantly have PC units on show with the Xbox One controller connected, attend an Xbox demo show?

If they haven't got a 'console code' ready, they haven't got one ready. If it turns out like one of those games often mentioned where initial gameplay is completely different from what is on offer at retail (that Alien's game?), and then grate away. I'd probably be with you if it was a game I liked and it turned out to disappoint me.

The situation is a grey area, and it is one I'm not trying to defend, but I'm trying to share why I think they and others do it. The alternative is to either show less things, because not everyone will have a code available for console, or just plonk PC's at the Xbox stalls. Either way, they'll be in the wrong.

All I'm saying is Sony probably had stuff running on PC also. Whether or not it was actually playable or not I think doesn't matter. It's the norm, unfortunately. :/

I mean, I can't find out for definite, and I don't really care, but isn't it just as bad having PS controller icons on menu screens belonging to MGSV, if it's running on PC?

If it was indeed a console friendly code running on he PS4, why wasn't the console on show during the gameplay presentation?

But yes, Microsoft got caught out. And now it has led to this popular fad, the continuation of taking shots at the console and it's capabilities again. If this hadn't have happened, no one would be none the wiser - in before false advertising, which isn't my point - my point is, you wouldn't be questioning he console's ability to play Ori and the Blind Forest.

Anyways, we'll see if anything drastically changes from now till when the game comes out.
---
Soon to be PlayStation 4 owner.
"So you like the inferior console" - Izanaml
#57SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 8:10:52 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

SoulTrapper posted...
And there's no way they could make a deal with AMD to do the same for their PCs, right?

Microsoft doesn't make PCs... Are you serious with this???

They don't make TV's either.

You're going in circles now.
#58Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 8:16:00 AM
Soul Trapper posted...
They don't make TVs either. Youre going in circles.

I already stated that they clearly partner with someone to have their tvs visible at these gaming conferences. Keep up buddy... You could always take my advice and try Hooked on Phonics. Its bever to late to learn!
---
#59SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 8:22:02 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...

I'm not suggesting you would say anything different if the shoe is on the other foot.

I haven't the foggiest of what was playable on the PS4 side of things after the show, I only saw trailers. At the moment I'm looking for info on this SharePlay thing after Apex mentioned it, again (which reminded me I wanted to look into it before). :P

Though I do agree with you that there is indeed PC's running Ori at the demo stalls, you can't seriously suggest that they have a row of screens and blatantly have PC units on show with the Xbox One controller connected, attend an Xbox demo show?

If they haven't got a 'console code' ready, they haven't got one ready. If it turns out like one of those games often mentioned where initial gameplay is completely different from what is on offer at retail (that Alien's game?), and then grate away. I'd probably be with you if it was a game I liked and it turned out to disappoint me.

The situation is a grey area, and it is one I'm not trying to defend, but I'm trying to share why I think they and others do it. The alternative is to either show less things, because not everyone will have a code available for console, or just plonk PC's at the Xbox stalls. Either way, they'll be in the wrong.

All I'm saying is Sony probably had stuff running on PC also. Whether or not it was actually playable or not I think doesn't matter. It's the norm, unfortunately. :/

I mean, I can't find out for definite, and I don't really care, but isn't it just as bad having PS controller icons on menu screens belonging to MGSV, if it's running on PC?

If it was indeed a console friendly code running on he PS4, why wasn't the console on show during the gameplay presentation?

But yes, Microsoft got caught out. And now it has led to this popular fad, the continuation of taking shots at the console and it's capabilities again. If this hadn't have happened, no one would be none the wiser - in before false advertising, which isn't my point - my point is, you wouldn't be questioning he console's ability to play Ori and the Blind Forest.

Anyways, we'll see if anything drastically changes from now till when the game comes out.

The issue isn't that the games are running an a PC, the issue is that there are Xboxes, turned on, underneath the screens, to try and make people think the games are running on an Xbox.

They could simply not have the consoles underneath the screens at all and just treat it as what it is: a demo.
Why lie and pretend it's running on Xbox One?

I'm not questioning it's ability to play a certain game, I'm questioning the intentions behind something like this.
It's pretty obvious they're not going to use weaker hardware, they're not even using equivalent hardware since it's an Nvidia GPU.
So it's no doubt running on better hardware (as it was at E3 last year).

The only game this was proven for, was Ori and the blind forest, but this could very likely be happening at other booths with other games that require a lot more graphically (although Ori does look pretty fantastic).

I don't like it when companies go out of their way to fool people, regardless of which company it is.
#60SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 8:24:48 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Soul Trapper posted...
They don't make TVs either. Youre going in circles.

I already stated that they clearly partner with someone to have their tvs visible at these gaming conferences. Keep up buddy... You could always take my advice and try Hooked on Phonics. Its bever to late to learn!

And again, they can partner with the company that provides the GPU for their xboxes all the same and have PCs with AMD processors and GPUs there.
They choose not to.

The fact that they place those powered on consoles underneath the screens, is just trying to deceive people.

You're right that it's "bever too" late to learn, you could use it judging by that last sentence.