I almost missed out! I've been ignoring Shadow of Mordor

#1MrImpatient35Posted 8/14/2014 6:42:45 AM
I was looking through the videos they have up about Gamescom on X1, and decided why not...lemme check out this Shadow of Mordor game. OMG. This game looks f'n AWESOME! I have some questions since I've been ignoring it though.

1. Do I need to watch any of the Lord of the Rings or whatever it's called movies to enjoy the story?
2. What's the combat like? From just watching a gameplay video, I'd guess it's similar to the Batman Arkham games.
---
HIIT or Tabata is necessary for me
#2LapanuiPosted 8/14/2014 6:52:33 AM
I think Angry Joe did an interview with one of the guys involved in the development of Shadow of Mordor and I think it's an original story. I don't think you would need to watch Lord of the Rings to understand what's going on.

Again, I enjoyed the movies, you should watch them to be honest.

Combat looks like Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham series. If you enjoy that kind of combat, you will probably enjoy this game.

I am looking forward to this game, but I will be getting AC: Unity on release day instead, this will have to wait a little longer.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:58:38 AM
Lapanui posted...
I think Angry Joe did an interview with one of the guys involved in the development of Shadow of Mordor and I think it's an original story. I don't think you would need to watch Lord of the Rings to understand what's going on.

Again, I enjoyed the movies, you should watch them to be honest.

Combat looks like Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham series. If you enjoy that kind of combat, you will probably enjoy this game.

I am looking forward to this game, but I will be getting AC: Unity on release day instead, this will have to wait a little longer.

I saw a 30 minute mash-up video about this game on Youtube last night. That Nemesis system sounds really good! Really dynamic. And the game was looking damn good, from only pre-alpha footage. I definitely have my eye on AC Unity, but the release date of this game is PERFECT for me. I gotta look up more on this game, cause it's looking like a day one purchase right now!

I can intimidate enemies and make them work for me? Wow. Even the big/huge enemies lol.
---
#4SoulTrapperPosted 8/14/2014 7:11:35 AM
If you're interested in fantasy type things (Orcs, elves, etc) at all, you should definitely watch the movies.
#5Special-EddPosted 8/14/2014 7:36:59 AM
You should check out the 2 hour stream they did for the game. It does look really interesting and I'm pretty excited that it will be coming out very soon.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Wii, WiiU, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, XB1, PC
#6DolemiteXPPosted 8/14/2014 7:56:01 AM
Shadow of Mordor is the ONLY game I care about this year. Everything else can get delayed until forever for all I care.
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#7ComradeRyanPosted 8/14/2014 9:55:33 AM
I am looking forward to playing Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor too. The Nemesis System is an interesting concept.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#8MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:59:07 AM
Special-Edd posted...
You should check out the 2 hour stream they did for the game. It does look really interesting and I'm pretty excited that it will be coming out very soon.

2 hour stream? Sounds interesting. I've watched a lot of gameplay videos recently though, so I'm sold on the game. My only question now is about the combat system. Looks like I'll be able to do well. I'm usually average at combat games, so that's my main question right now.
---
#9EllesarienPosted 8/14/2014 10:01:17 AM
This was under my radar also but man...I am really pumped after looking at it. Huge LoTR fan so just can't wait.

Heck of a fall/holiday season for gamers, especially X-1 owners.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#10Special-EddPosted 8/14/2014 4:34:09 PM(edited)
MrImpatient35 posted...
Special-Edd posted...

2 hour stream? Sounds interesting. I've watched a lot of gameplay videos recently though, so I'm sold on the game. My only question now is about the combat system. Looks like I'll be able to do well. I'm usually average at combat games, so that's my main question right now.

Combat is much like the assassins creed or batman games style. The big difference is how some targets might have different strengths or weaknesses to watch out for.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Wii, WiiU, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, XB1, PC