Next Gen = The New Low Of Gaming, Fanboys Attacking Tomb Raider/Devs/Workers

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 8/14/2014 7:11:08 AM
Disclaimer: Opinion topic.

Fanboys And Their Insufferable Double Standards

Itís the aftermath of the whole Rise of the Tomb Raider circus. If reading is hard or you already hate my opinion because itís about Sony/Wii U/PC fanboys, then my summarised version would be that your anger should be directed at Square Enix and not Microsoft, because the latter is simply doing what it has done for years as a primary strategy. Be upset instead with Square Enix for having to Ďresortí to making Tomb Raider, of all games in the entire world, guaranteed to sell millions, a timed exclusive simply because they need money after all their successful failures as of late. Anyway, itís a new day and a new topic, and if you want to engage in that one feel free to hit up my full opinion and discuss. Today I have a bone to pick with Sony/Wii U/PC fanboys, fiends spawned from the good-hearted PS4 fans out there, and it saddens me because as a PS4 owner myself itís upsetting to be part of a toxic group. Enough, however, is most certainly enough.

Obviously I am not referring to all Sony/Wii U/PC fans. But one canít deny there is a rather large camp who are cancerous, and I will no longer resort to the cop-out of ďevery platform has its butt holes and fanboysĒ, because with Sony fans it seems to be worse. First I want to address the insufferable mentality carried by these Sony fanboys, and that is this massive black and white problem they seem to have. It goes like this. Microsoft used to be bad, and did some ludicrous and stupid things with their Xbox One under different leadership, and had to be put down like a wild dog. However, while that was all good, the problem now is that because they were once bad, everything they do and everything they ever will do is bad too. Itís such a basic, primitive bias. You donít like someone, therefore you will never agree with them or ever entertain a thought they have even when theyíre right.

Learn to take emotion out of it, or rather get the f*** over it. If we subscribed to that attitude then we should all still hate Sony for their first few BS years of the PS3. I would know, I bought a PS3 at launch. It only became an orgasmic machine after two or three years. But Sony did everything possible to make up for their abysmal start to the PS3, and rightfully deserved every bit of praise come the end. Now, Microsoft is really trying to make up for their failures, Phil Spencer is actually a decent and likable guy (not like that mad f*** Don Mattrick) and they have been focusing on games to the point that they have even implicitly conceded Kinect is a waste of time. Sure, Microsoft were once hatable, but that doesnít mean you need to vilify them for the rest of the goddamn console generation. Let me give you the cold truth. Sony is not infallible. I love them, but they pull unlikable crap too. PS Now anybody? So do not make heroes out of companies. Do not worship them. They can make mistakes too.

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/08/tomb-raider-writer-attacked-xbox-exclusivity/

---
---
Bungie's "Destiny" Has Reached A New Level Of Gaming
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#2MrSpaM111Posted 8/14/2014 7:14:07 AM
I didn't realise legend worked for gamesreviews.com
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#3Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:14:20 AM
That is just the beginning of the bias PS4/Wii U/PC fanboys have. Iím going to paint another truth, and it was something highlighted by another site. Referring to Rise of the Tomb Raider specifically, had Sony come out and announced that it had got a timed exclusive deal I guarantee you, without one shred of doubt, that the large majority would have been praising Sony and their genius. I initially thought that this was because there are far more PS4 owners out there right now, but itís something more. It really isnít a vocal minority anymore. Amid the petitions, the constant hate speech directed at Microsoft, the level of insecurity that Sony fans the moment you criticise anything PS4 related Ė itís on another level to the Xbox One camp. Iíve written pieces criticising both Microsoft and Sony, but by far the latter receives harsher feedback. More than that, what is most damning is that if you just read peopleís comments, they still have the same opinions about Microsoft theyíve had back at the time of the nasty DRM saga. Itís nothing more than a close-minded bias.

The double standard is blatant and goes like this. Anything Sony does, praise it. Anything bad they do, defend it, justify it or sweep it away. But anything Microsoft does, scrutinise it, and anything bad they do, vilify them further. Iím a PS4 fan and honest to God itís making me sick. Whereís the objectivity? Whereís the fairness? Whereís the moment where something like PS Now can just be criticised for being bad value without implying some kind of satanic betrayal to the God Sony? Whereís the acknowledgement of any of the good Microsoft has done, without choking on your own air pockets? It was alright to be totally against Microsoft and the Xbox One when they had those DRM practices going on. But thatís in the past. Itís alright to still be cautious about them, as you should be with any corporate company designed to put itself and its profits first, but to still vilify them proves a baseless bias.

Hereís another thought experiment. If Silent Hills turns out to be a PS4 exclusive, which is looking likely since itís suggested that itís being published by Sony Computer Entertainment, you can bet your happy meal chicken ass that the Sony fanboys will be throwing it in the faces of all Xbox One owners and making a big fuss with some ďkeep your s*** Tomb RaiderĒ comments in for good measure. How hypocritical is that? Itís ridiculous actually. I am convinced that most of the outrage isnít actually by legitimate Tomb Raider fans, who I genuinely feel sorry for since theyíre getting shafted because of Square Enixís failures. Itís just by Sony fanboys who are angered that the Xbox One is getting something. Sure we can feel sorry for the PC gamers out there too, because they didnít do anything either. On that note, I implore you to cease having this immense bias towards Microsoft and allow the console generation to flourish. There are so many games out there that unless youíre a die-hard Tomb Raider fan, you really wonít die without Rise of the Tomb Raider, just like Xbox One fans wonít die without Silent Hills. You can want it, but donít become a brat because youíre not getting it.
That, in not quite a nutshell, is the situation with Sony/Wii U/PC fanboys and their insufferable double standards.

Next gen has been a let down for me personally, but not because of the lack of games (exclusives on both sides) or the lack of must have games, but because of the behavior so called ďgamersĒ take whenever something goes ďuproarĒ over the internet. Cheers itís almost Friday.

---
---
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#4L96A1BOSSPosted 8/14/2014 7:14:27 AM
I hope you don't get your account thrown in the abyss after what happen to legend with that other topic.
#5Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:17:27 AM
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-attacked-by-furious-disappointed-tomb-raider-fans-over-its-xbox-one-deal/
---
(Only On Multi Consoles)
#6AWarAmp84Posted 8/14/2014 7:18:34 AM
I agree with what you're saying but it'll never change. Personally, I think the mods need to go into Hitler mode on the trolls and start suspending accounts but we both know that'll never happen. The majority of gamers are little babies.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#7Sniper_BrosefPosted 8/14/2014 7:22:28 AM(edited)
AWarAmp84 posted...
Personally, I think the mods need to go into Hitler mode on the trolls and start suspending accounts but we both know that'll never happen

F*** that s***! Suspensions don't do s***! What they need to do is email every account holder a change in the TOS that specifically reclassifies trolling to be a permanent ban.

EDIT*

The mods and admins won't do this, however, because they know their site traffic would dwindle and they'd lose advertisement funds.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#8nableetPosted 8/14/2014 7:24:09 AM
Sorry, but you are just describing fanboys of every console. You just happen to have some links to some crazy ass people that are pretty freaking warped.

I don't want SH to be exclusive. If they wanted an exclusive with Kojima and Del Toro then they could just make a new horror IP and all is well with the world.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#9Success_RicePosted 8/14/2014 7:25:25 AM
Yo dawg.

It's current gen now.

Peace.
#10ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/14/2014 7:50:31 AM
Everything you said applies to people from all sides. I remember Sony and Microsoft "fans" attacking Platinum over Bayonetta 2. I remember people sending RAPE and DEATH threats to Anita Sarkeesian I think some people went as far to actually try to hurt her. I also remember one of the writers for one of the dragon age games (either that or mass effect) getting death threats to her and her family so she had to QUIT a job she liked in fear for her family.

What does all of this tell us. The "gamers" (and I use that very lightly) who do these things are extremely sad individuals that are immature. You can blame Sony, Microsoft, PC, Nintendo or whoever but until we realize that this is a problem that makes us ALL look bad we aren't going to fix it. And the first step to fixing a problem is realizing there is one. Not pointing the finger at one side and aligning yourself with your favorite console maker guess what those same people in the end make the gaming community as a whole look bad and something very unappealing to get into.

Gaming is still young. The industry came a long way and there is still a long ways for it to go. We can see diversity in all corners of the medium, beautiful games that innovate their respective genres, fantastic worlds and interesting new characters. That can and will be achieved by a cooperative effort by everyone. Not by further dividing ourselves.
---
Valar morghulis