EA may lose 25+ percent of pre-orders/sales for NHL 15

#1KryingKetchupPosted 8/14/2014 1:09:00 PM
EA's forum and social media are blowing up from rumours that EASHL (6v6 multiplayer) will not be included on next-gen. EASHL is hugely popular and is where most players spend their time (that, and ultimate team). The games producer is blocking fans who are tweeting at him, even tweets that simply ask "EASHL in NHL 15?".

I know many that are planning to cancel their pre-orders if EASHL is excluded. EA has done some questionable things, but taking out the most played mode from the series is terrible. They are refusing to squash the rumours. Still holding out hope though, as they have been incredibly quiet on the game. Comes out in less than a month and haven't even shown gameplay yet...

Not the most popular game on these boards, but it has a die-hard fan base that for the most part are outraged at the thought of it being excluded and will simply stick with NHL 13/14 and wait til EA gets their heads out of their asses.
#2PsychoDrama1Posted 8/14/2014 1:11:59 PM
I hope so. EA is ripping a beloved feature out of the game to add it back in later as a "new feature". I love the NHL dearly, but I hope this game is a massive flop.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#3DinglesteedPosted 8/14/2014 1:14:49 PM
Man, I love EASHL. First I heard it may not make it in. I'll be very sad if it isn't included, but I will still probably buy it because I need my hockey fix.
---
Playing: MLB 14 (PS4), Forza 5, PvZ: GW, Titanfall (XB1), Mario Kart 8, MH3U (Wii U), Euro Truck Sim 2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#4duericPosted 8/14/2014 1:18:15 PM
I don't know, man. EA's NHL games are good enough (and the only one out there) that the drama queens will quickly get over this and buy it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5PulpPosted 8/14/2014 1:18:27 PM
Dinglesteed posted...
Man, I love EASHL. First I heard it may not make it in. I'll be very sad if it isn't included, but I will still probably buy it because I need my hockey fix.

Buy it used. Copies always show up within a week after release.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#6billsfanno1Posted 8/14/2014 1:19:47 PM
First iterations of EA Sports games on new gen consoles seem to lack features that their mature counterparts on prior gen had. Sometimes even second and third iterations. I'll give NHL a try through EA Access, but with all the AAAs coming to X1 this Fall, if it's not a solid full featured title, I'll wait until it hits the vault.
#7KryingKetchup(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:21:19 PM
dueric posted...
I don't know, man. EA's NHL games are good enough (and the only one out there) that the drama queens will quickly get over this and buy it.

I'll cancel my pre-order, stick with 13' and buy it discounted on boxing day or buy it used. Wish 2k could still make NHL games to push EA harder. I always went with EA hockey until 2k5-2k7. Then when EA introduced the skill stick I didn't go back.
#8DJ break beatsPosted 8/14/2014 1:22:04 PM
Yes this would suck
---
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.
#9KryingKetchup(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:22:27 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
First iterations of EA Sports games on new gen consoles seem to lack features that their mature counterparts on prior gen had. Sometimes even second and third iterations. I'll give NHL a try through EA Access, but with all the AAAs coming to X1 this Fall, if it's not a solid full featured title, I'll wait until it hits the vault.

Well 14 should have been the first version on next-gen, but they said they didn't release it so they could make NHL 15 even better. If EASHL isn't in, then wtf were they doing?
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 8/14/2014 1:24:25 PM
Anyone who whines about crossgen and is effected by this deserves it. lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg