Microsoft used PCs to showcase games at Gamescon 2014.

#1Delta_F14Posted 8/14/2014 8:30:22 PM
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gamescom-2014-microsoft-caught-using-once-again-pcs-to-showcase-its-xbox-one-games/

Thoughts?
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#2VoidBeyondPosted 8/14/2014 8:31:03 PM
Is this the third or fourth topic on this today?

Thoughts everyone?
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#3MusuoJoePosted 8/14/2014 8:31:40 PM
Did you read where it said Sony And Microsoft?
---
>The World Is Yours< *Al Pacino*
#4Wii_TruthPosted 8/14/2014 8:32:12 PM(edited)
Oh you, evil MS...
#5Delta_F14(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 8:34:18 PM
MusuoJoe posted...

Yeah, your point being?
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#6PominAusPosted 8/14/2014 8:34:35 PM
I'm confused, didn't their game clips feature "Xbox One in game footage" printed in the corner of the screen?
#7GladiatorDangerPosted 8/14/2014 8:43:49 PM
MusuoJoe posted...

Yeah it did say that but it also said "Ori and the Blind Forest is the only game that has been proven running on the PC instead of Xbox One during Gamescom" which kind of contradicts that statement.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible
#8TOhasNoRingPosted 8/14/2014 8:45:46 PM
Evil Microsoft!!! Using a PC to show off an unfinished version of Ori in the Blind Forrest!

Thoughts?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 8/14/2014 8:46:09 PM
Delta_F14 posted...
MusuoJoe posted...

Yeah, your point being?

His point is dev kits are often "just PCs" and this is a standard, non-deceptive, non-newsworthy practice. Your topic would be pointless even if it wasn't old and done multiple times already.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg
#10GladiatorDangerPosted 8/14/2014 8:59:09 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Delta_F14 posted...
MusuoJoe posted...

Yeah, your point being?

His point is dev kits are often "just PCs" and this is a standard, non-deceptive, non-newsworthy practice. Your topic would be pointless even if it wasn't old and done multiple times already.

It is when you are claiming that the game is running on the Xbox One, the point of these events is to not only to show off your latest games but also to show off what your console is capable of doing. When you show an up-scaled version of a game running on more powerful platform than the one you claim it is playing on you not only give people a misleading impression on the final product of the game but you also give people a misleading impression of what your console can do, I am not sure how anyone could consider that anything but deceptive especially when you put "Xbox One in game footage" in the corner of the screen.
---
"Behold, I shall corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces" Malachi 2:3, The Bible