#1That_Damn_KidPosted 8/15/2014 1:27:05 PM
http://jstationx.com/bioware-gay-characters/
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID - PSN: Lamburghini89 - NNID: Its_Pikachu
#2WarsuhPosted 8/15/2014 1:29:30 PM
Interesting.
#3L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/15/2014 1:32:58 PM
Good. Plenty of gamers are in fact gay...and even if they weren't.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#4OpheliaAdenadePosted 8/15/2014 1:33:31 PM
Of course they will. They've been putting gay characters in their games for a long time now, or at least gay options. And now let us prepare for the incoming s***storm of xbots complaining about how political correctness and the liberal agenda is ruining their vidya games.

I'm ready:
http://media.tumblr.com/4ec2404a8d0132506f401bf68b141571/tumblr_inline_n4pn0apcne1s2uupz.jpg
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#5kidwgmPosted 8/15/2014 1:35:50 PM(edited)
How is this even a point of contention? Doesnt make sense to me. Who cares if someone or a pixel is sleeping with?
---
Currently Playing: Wolfenstien, Lego Marvel Super Heros, FTL iOS and Godus iOS.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#6DavieSnakesPosted 8/15/2014 1:38:12 PM
More developers should, but they should never feel obliged to either. Not a fan of enforced equality.

If closed minded people want to be offended by other peoples preferences that's their choice, but i do get sick of the homophobic stereotype of gamers that is furthered by such people feeling the need to rant on about their own insecurities at length.
---
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
#7Laylow12Posted 8/15/2014 1:39:10 PM
Do they ever force you're character to be gay in game? If not, who cares. If so, well that's a risk on their part. There are people that would refuse to play a gay character based on religious or moral reasons. There are people who take it a step further and wouldn't buy a game with any gay references or characters.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8QueezZeenartPosted 8/15/2014 1:40:24 PM
Humans to be made differently, whether other humans like it or not.
#9MicrosoftLoverPosted 8/15/2014 1:40:32 PM
I am not homophobic but you can't over do it.

I think a gay character would be great sprinkled into a normal game but if he's going to be all in my face, then we have a problem. I have gay friends but the annoying ones that try to recruit me or bash a woman's body parts dont stay my friends for long.

Another thing, pretty sure there's just as many wheelchair gamers as there are gay gamers. Where is their character? And where are the black characters? People had a fit when Chris was paired with Sheva in RE5. Watch me make a poll of RE characters and watch Sheva win least favorite.

Like all things, if a gay character is done tactfully then it'll work. If I feel like he's a tryhard then goodbye.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#10BDJaycePosted 8/15/2014 1:43:31 PM(edited)
Oh no!

A character is gay?! How horrible! This ruins my entire perception of this company and it's games!

Oh well, i'll still buy them at release and play them multiple times. Just because a gay character exists doesn't mean you have to romance them. Either accept the D (or V for the ladies) or reject it but stop talking about it.

Laylow12 posted...
Do they ever force you're character to be gay in game? If not, who cares. If so, well that's a risk on their part. There are people that would refuse to play a gay character based on religious or moral reasons. There are people who take it a step further and wouldn't buy a game with any gay references or characters.

The only real kind of 'force' was with Anders in DA2 but that was for both women and men. Either press the heart or he gets upset and throws a tantrum telling you to leave.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723