BioWare to Keep Making Gay Characters, Whether People Like it Or Not

#221Dersu_UzalaPosted 8/17/2014 12:14:08 PM
You know, it would be fine if they could bring the writing level of their games above Hamburger Helper standards.
#222daniel79Posted 8/17/2014 12:53:55 PM
Witch Elf posted...
I just wish BioWare would start making good games again.

Though that seems doubtful what with their EA acquisition and all.

This. Its just DLC, gay love and in your face EA guff nowdays.

Okay if your an eighteen year old with low expectations i suppose. Thats about all EA are good for.
#223SpideyknightPosted 8/17/2014 1:29:00 PM
DavieSnakes posted...
More developers should, but they should never feel obliged to either. Not a fan of enforced equality.

If closed minded people want to be offended by other peoples preferences that's their choice, but i do get sick of the homophobic stereotype of gamers that is furthered by such people feeling the need to rant on about their own insecurities at length.

Indeed.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#224jessica73Posted 8/17/2014 1:47:07 PM
daniel79 posted...
Witch Elf posted...
I just wish BioWare would start making good games again.

Though that seems doubtful what with their EA acquisition and all.

This. Its just DLC, gay love and in your face EA guff nowdays.

Okay if your an eighteen year old with low expectations i suppose. Thats about all EA are good for.

Dreams are nice, witch, but when you realize that's the only way that's going to happen, there's a ton of good wrpgs to replace them >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#225EsperValkyriePosted 8/18/2014 10:20:49 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
EsperValkyrie posted...
Thanks straight boys.

I'm so glad you're ok including us as long as we behave ourselves and don't act "too gay."

The best part of this is you somehow think of yourself as some tolerant human.

Come on seriously? I have known gay people who don't care for the flamboyant, overly gay stereotype that gives gay people a bad image. Sexuality, while a part of you, does not define who you are. It's part of you but it isn't everything. Also I don't feel I need to be accepting and tolerant of people who are just annoying, regardless of their sexuality. There are plenty of overly sexual straight people who flaunt their bodies or sexual desires, and that's no different to me than an overly "out" gay or lesbian person. Solution? Keep your sexuality between you and your loved ones and don't act like it makes you special. Homosexuality is nothing new, just understanding and acceptance of it is relatively recent.

1) There are in fact gay people who are flamboyantly gay. The fact that there are people in our community who are willing to throw them under the bus in order to gain the support of the masses is shameful in the first place.

2) "Sexuality doesn't define who you are" is pretty much exclusively said by straight people about gay people. What they really mean is that "It's ok if you're queer as long as I don't have to hear about it. Again this is faux-tolerance. When a straight couple walks down the street with arms around each other are they "flaunting their sexuality?" No.

That's such BS and you know it. Sexuality doesn't exclusively define you. It's a single aspect of many that make up who you are. Also flamboyancy of any kind is just downright annoying. It has nothing to do with sexuality that makes me dislike it. It's the same as not like overly religious zealots or crazy vocal sports fans. When did self control stop being a thing? You can be gay and not be flamboyant, that's a choice and it gets people's attention. It gets the same sort of negative attention that slutty women get from feminists. None of it is right, but wouldn't you prefer to keep your head down and not be looked at negatively rather than just welcome it? Especially in your adult life?
---
"thou art I, and I am Thou..."
#226ascendedcobraPosted 8/18/2014 10:43:24 AM
It does get tiresome. Everything force feeding us political correctness. TV , movies, books, games, government etc... I mean if the game is good then I'm not going to let it stop me but sometimes it seems like they are trying too hard.
#227ChaoticFairnessPosted 8/18/2014 12:27:56 PM
It's all subjective, regardless. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing gay characters, because like what you said, Esper, is that sexuality is merely one aspect of many other aspects of a person. There really is no legit reason to get upset over any of this in the first place. It's not like if you played a gay character in Skyrim, that all of a sudden you can't defeat bears, use magic, or explore the lands.

C'mon, adapt and grow up, homophobes. You're not going to get a very different experience, anyway.
---
A tyrant will always find a pretext to his tyranny.
Equality may be difficult to find, but those with knowledge and a broad mind will conquer imbalance.
#228TheBasedGodPosted 8/18/2014 2:27:47 PM
EsperValkyrie posted...
Thanks straight boys.

I'm so glad you're ok including us as long as we behave ourselves and don't act "too gay."

The best part of this is you somehow think of yourself as some tolerant human.

Come on seriously? I have known gay people who don't care for the flamboyant, overly gay stereotype that gives gay people a bad image. Sexuality, while a part of you, does not define who you are. It's part of you but it isn't everything. Also I don't feel I need to be accepting and tolerant of people who are just annoying, regardless of their sexuality. There are plenty of overly sexual straight people who flaunt their bodies or sexual desires, and that's no different to me than an overly "out" gay or lesbian person. Solution? Keep your sexuality between you and your loved ones and don't act like it makes you special. Homosexuality is nothing new, just understanding and acceptance of it is relatively recent.

There are in fact gay people who are flamboyantly gay. The fact that there are people in our community who are willing to throw them under the bus in order to gain the support of the masses is shameful in the first place.

Fringe aspects have to be marginalized to gain support IMO. It's not possible for people to stop applying misguided labels to large groups, as we've seen with religious organizations, races, feminists, vegans, gun rights advocates, etc.
---
<3