Will they change the console name?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will they change the console name?
11 months ago#1
After widespread ridicule and lowered sales, Microsoft dropped the Kinect and took the TV department to the back of the shed. I'm asking because the "All In One" title almost seems like a misnomer with MS's refocus on games instead of multimedia.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
11 months ago#2
just call it xbox 720
11 months ago#3
aj4x94 posted...
After widespread ridicule and lowered sales, Microsoft dropped the Kinect and took the TV department to the back of the shed. I'm asking because the "All In One" title almost seems like a misnomer with MS's refocus on games instead of multimedia.

There are going to be updates to the TV part come September, the ability to stream TV from your Xbox to tablets and smartphones through smartglass I believe.

Not understanding how they took the TV department to the back of the shed...

Also, no they aren't going to change the name of the Xbox one, that would be dumb.
---
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Wolfestein: The new order, Watch_Dogs, Plants vs Zombies: GW, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Stryder.
11 months ago#4
aj4x94 posted...

Yeah I said the same exact thing before! But from the looks of that article claiming xbox is making another console, i'd say they're straight up remaking this gen's xbox. Probably with more power and a new name.
They should call it xbox origami. And for the love of god, do not forget backwards compatability.
11 months ago#5
I still think Infinity was a great name that gave off the same message without sounding like a step back. Like infinite possibilities on the console.

I dare say Xbox Beyond was a decent name for it.
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Mirror's Edge, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3
11 months ago#6
well I think the one was a bad name cause everyone abbreviates XBONE, sounds funny really.
11 months ago#7
SonyHoundDawg posted...
well I think the one was a bad name cause everyone abbreviates XBONE, sounds funny really.

It wasn't even that. Xbox One just sounds flat. Or just makes me think of Pepsi One.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will they change the console name?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived